Monday, May 25, 2015

baby bump #2 // 37 weeks

 

Dear Baby Boy, 

We are at 37 weeks! It is crazy to think that you have been growing and developing for that long already. You are are getting bigger each and every day, right now you are the size of a winter melon or a swiss chard [so, about 6 pounds]. I can tell you are growing more and more, because I keep growing too! I know it's a good thing, your growing and all, but I just don't know how much bigger my belly can get. Hopefully you don't grow too much more between now and when you decide to join us in this world, little babies are nice [not that I have anything against big babies, it's just the thought of having a big baby... so yeah, stay little, jelly belly :]. 

For a while I thought you would for sure come early, now I'm thinking you will wait until the doctor says it's time and makes you come out. Though, I must say, I'm still hoping and praying that you come before then. 

This weekend your Gigi and Poppy came to visit, we went to a little petting farm park nearby and walked around a few different parks. We mostly hung out as a family and enjoyed a nice weekend together. On Saturday and Sunday I started having some stronger contractions, I'm guessing they were just strong Braxton Hick's contractions, and I've had a few since then, but nothing steady or long lasting. 

I am so anxious to meet you and hold you in my arms, but I am trying to cherish these days with you in my belly, knowing that even though they might seem like they will never come to an end, they will be over and gone all too soon and then I'll have to share you with the rest of the world. And I do know that you will have lots of visitors after you finally make your appearance into this world so the days of just us are coming to a fast end. You are already one loved little person. 

You are loved and prayed over, always. I continue to pray that you come soon and that you are healthy and strong. I pray that you will grow up knowing, loving, and trusting in Jesus and that you obey Him every day of your life. It is our prayer that you are kind, faithful, and honest, that you love others and always seek after Jesus. I pray that your transition into your family is a smooth one: for you, for your brother, and for us. I love you so much little one and I can't wait to kiss you sweet face. 

Love, Mama


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh sweet baby #2! Your mama is so excited to meet you so don't make her wait too much longer! I am checking your blog and IG for updates. Countdown is on! Any day now, Mama!!!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Such a sweet letter, sooooo close mama! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Courtney said...

You look super beautiful in your picture!! soooo close! :)

Amy said...

Stunning! Can't wait for little boy to make his entrance into this world!