Friday, May 29, 2015

birthdays, sleep, and coffee

Just some things....

one. birthdays. 
Over the next few days we will be celebrating a few birthdays, though most of the celebrating will be done from a distance. Both of my sisters have birthdays coming up in the next few days and one of Emerson's little friends has a birthday party we're going to on Saturday. I feel like my sister's birthdays kind of snuck up on me this year, so they will be getting belated gifts and cards. It's the thought that counts, right?

two. almost summer.
Next week there are only three days before summer is here! I am so looking forward to the days of summer and not having to babysit. I know life will be changing a lot for us very soon, and I'm sure that transition will be a little bit crazy, but it still makes me so happy to know that I will get to be at home and not have to worry about waking up early to be ready for when Bee comes to play. Summer, I will be so so happy to welcome you next week!

three. sleep problems.
Emerson started sleeping in his big boy bed in January and did so well with it. There would be a few days or nap times here and there when he would climb out of bed and not want to stay in, but in general, he did so well. He waited for us to get him in the mornings and after his nap, and stayed in his bed reading or playing with his stuffed critter buddies. Recently however, he has decided that he would rather fight sleep and now he will chase me as I leave his room at nap and bed time. I've been having to hold his door closed while he tries to pull it open from the other side, all while crying and screaming, "Mommy! Daddy! Mommy! Daddy!" It's horrible. Sometimes in the night he'll run out of his room and into ours. He has also decided to wake up before the sun and his little feet come padding into our room far too early. When he wakes up early, he's especially happy .... We are both praying that this is a little phase and that it ends very soon!

four. iced coffee. 
The other day I went to get one of my sisters a birthday present, which happened to be right where a little coffee shop was. I figured since I was there I may as well get a little something. The sun was out that day and the weather was warm so I treated myself to an iced coffee and it was oh so good. I've made iced coffee at home before, but it just doesn't taste as good when it's not in a plastic cup with a lid and straw. ha. And now, since Emerson woke up at the crack of dawn this morning, all I want to do is go out and get another one.

maybe I need to try this one :) 


five. doctor visit. 
This afternoon I get to go see the doctor. Hopefully everything is good with baby and we are able to talk about some things I have questions about. It's always so nice to hear that tiny little heartbeat, so I am looking forward to that. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I can hold the little peanut.

I'm linking up here and here today.

Happy weekend to you all!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

We had the getting out of bed problem for a bit too - mostly in the early morning hours. Our solution was to put a baby gate up in Caleb's bedroom doorway so that if he gets up, he can't leave his room. He'll still call for us, but at least he's not running around the house doing what he pleases, lol! The thought of him coming into our room while we're sleeping just creeped me out too, so the gate prevents that! Maybe that could help with Emerson? I know that must be tough, Mama, but hopefully it's just a short phase! Happy Friday!

Amanda Klein said...

That iced coffee pic looks AMAZE! Yum! I have no words of wisdom for the big boy bed - I think we decided we need to leave Parker in his crib until he's twelve ;)

Callie Nicole said...

Ugh, I can relate to the sleep problems - getting the kids down isn't too bad, but Gwen keeps waking up so early! I think it's because it's starting to get light earlier with summer coming. I hope she sleeps in a little later before this baby comes!