Tuesday, May 5, 2015

catching birds

One of my favorite things to do is spend my days with my little man. He keeps me busy and on my toes, and he is full of surprises. Each day is different and new, and each day has something sweet that I want always want to remember. Every day may not be "easy" and there will be challenges in each day, but there are so many sweet moments that can so easily be over looked. 

Right now, one of these things is catching birds. All day we look out his window at the birds and watch them gather their food or as Emerson always says, "sood. gass. woms," [food, grass, worms]. Then we look for more birds and watch them fly or sit in a tree or on the roof of a house. It's pretty entertaining. 

One night he was outside with Landon and Emerson decided to catch the birds. He ran around in the field behind our house, arms stretched up to the skies, trying to catch a bird. He didn't catch one the first night, but he talked about it a lot and was ready to go bird catching again the next night. 


So now, every evening after we finish dinner Emerson wants to go outside to catch birds and watch them eat their grass and worms. Some nights I'll ask him if he caught a bird and he'll say, "Yeah," while nodding his head fiercely. His bird catching skills are putting mine to shame.


I love that the evenings are just cool enough so we can spend some time outside before bedtime. I love that Emerson can catch birds and talk about it all the next day. I love that he can watch birds all day long and not be bored by them. I love that he tells me 248 times a day that there are "brdys" outside his window and that they eat, "sood. gass. woms." It amazes me the things he remembers and that he will [and can] talk about something so simple as a bird or a tractor for hours and weeks. I am blessed to be his mama and be able to see the world through his eyes. 




6 comments:

Kasey Sutgrey said...

This is the cutest thing ever and I love the pics! Those will be fun to look back on and show Landon his favorite past time! Lol!

Kasey Sutgrey said...

This is the cutest thing ever and I love the pics! Those will be fun to look back on and show Landon his favorite past time! Lol!

tina bumblebee said...

Hahaha that is adorable. Love love love. Lately Lyla has been noticing birds much more often and I've been thinking of getting some kid bird watching books or something. A great activity to get them outside enjoying nature (in a relaxing way too haha). Now lets see if Lyla tries to catch them as well!

Laura said...

I love these stories. Emerson is precious, and what wonderful moments to get to enjoy!

Amy said...

Aww! Such a special memory to look back on when he's older.

Courtney B said...

How sweet!! I love how easy it is to entertain kids and oh their imaginations!! I LOVE IT! This sounds like the best way to entertain after dinner and get out the last bit of energy!!