Friday, May 8, 2015

outings and treats, this and that

one // a little outing 
Wednesday I didn't have to baby-sit so I took advantage of only having one toddler to tote around and we ran a few errands after breakfast. It was nice to be able to get out of the house and get some things done and checked off of my list. A really exciting bit to this outing was that Emerson stayed dry the whole time and went potty at the store before we left to go home. I was so proud of him! I'm sure he was tired of me asking him every tow minutes as we walked through the store if he had to go potty, each time saying no. But before we left we went in the bathroom to try and he did. So exciting. ...and I really never knew potty and dry underwear could be elicit such happiness. And now that I've shared this our next 286 outings will not go as well... eh. I had to document the day.

two // a little treat 
In honor of our first real outing and of staying dry we made a stop at Starbucks for a special treat [for me :]. I decided to try their S'mores frappucchino, and it did not disappoint. We sat in the sunny backyard and sipped the drink together. Emerson agreed that it was particularly yummy and wanted more. . . . He ate the cool whip on top of the drink, but to him it was coffee and he couldn't have been any more excited to be sipping my coffee with me. As much as I loved the drink, I loved him sitting next to me with his little legs stretched out in front of him, sipping on a cool treat.



three // a little tired 
This pregnancy has been a wonderful one, and I know that I am blessed beyond measure to be carrying this baby and that I've had a smooth pregnancy. But goodness sakes, I am so tired. It was really bad the first and second trimester, and then let up a little in the third trimester, but now all I want to do is sleep and I have no energy for anything. Poor little Emerson wants to go to the park to play with Bee, but I just can't muster the energy, strength, or patience I need to take them. Then come the afternoon, I just want to sit in our shaded backyard and let him run around and not have to chase him. I feel awful about it, but a walk to the park and play time there just hasn't happened. And also because he's potty training and I'm terrified that he will have an accident at the park or scream when I tell him we have to go home so he can potty... Maybe this weekend if/when Daddy has some free time we can go to the park?

four // a little gift 
A few weeks ago Landon's mom gave me some Kohl's cash and told me to spend it on myself. She has done this a few times in the past, and it's always so sweet and thoughtful of her. But it also causes me great anxiety because I never know what to get with it! I feel like because it's a gift and there is only so much of it, I have to spend it on the perfect thing. And I don't know what that is. A shirt? A skirt? Something maternity? Shoes? House decorations? So many choices! And then, there's the whole, it's only for this much money, so if what I find and like exceeds that amount, do I buy it anyway and just spend some of my own money on it? I don't know! But I guess I'm going to have to figure that out this weekend, because it expires on Sunday and there's no way I'm letting it not get spent.

five // a little schedule 
Because I know the baby could arrive at any time I decided to get as ready and as prepared as possible. One of the things I wanted to do in these preparations was write up a little schedule/routine for Emerson. I know that he will be fine, well taken care of, loved, and probably forget all about me while I'm at the hospital. But, I still want for him to have as much "normalcy" in his days while we're at the hospital as possible, so I wrote a "little" schedule/his daily routine for whoever is staying with him. I think it must be the writer, teacher, mama, and OCD in me that made his "little" schedule a few pages longer than I planned. I just can't help it! I like details and when it comes to taking care of my kid, I want who ever is with him to know what's what. I'm just praying the sweet people who take care of him, friends or family, appease me and read it and follow it. His routine is simple, but I added a few extras: allergies, sleeping habits, medicine, food.... you know, important things. I know after this I might be considered even more crazy, but I don't even care. This will be the first time I will be away from him for longer than a day. Sad? Unhealthy? Not normal? Yes to all of those. But it's the truth. In writing up a little list for/about him, it makes me feel better about leaving him in someone else's care.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get to enjoy some sunshine! If you are a mama or soon to be mama, Happy Mother's Day! I hope you are treated right and that you are able to spend the day with loved ones.

I'm linking up with some sweet ladies here and here.



4 comments:

Courtney said...

I have been SO tired too! Seriously, I have coffee in the morning- still take a nap every afternoon- and go to bed and sleep like a rock at night. Growing a baby is hard work!!!

Crazy to think our babies could be here anytime!! :)

tina bumblebee said...

Ahhhh how cute you guys enjoyed Starbucks together. I often see moms taking their little ones to Starbucks and sometimes even staying there, getting donuts and frozen treats together. It's something I'd love to do. Mine have cute little outside areas to sit at. This has inspired me to do it soon! Haha

Amy said...

First off, YAY FOR STAYING DRY! That is so exciting. For Cash's first outing I treated myself, too. :)

Luke & I tried the S'more frap, too. While I did like it, I was hoping for a bit more chocolate to be mixed throughout the whole drink & just not at the bottom. Maybe it was how our barista made our drinks ??

I had some Kohls cash, too. I ended up getting a new tumbler & some Pyrex containers. Can't wait to hear what you snagged for yourself!

Mrs. Southern Mama said...

I am totally itching to try that Smores frap. Have you had their Smores Tart? It's literally the best dessert Ive EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!