Friday, May 1, 2015

school, may, books, and wiggles

It's time for some Friday fun, right? And also, it's May so that seems to make the day even happier. Anyhow, I'll get to it...

1. An Early Graduation? 
About a month or so ago Landon told me that his advisor had mentioned to him that he felt as though Landon could finish up his program by December of 2016. That's next December. Landon told me about it but mostly brushed it off like it wasn't something that was really going to happen. Then on Monday night, after he spent an entire day with his advisor, he mentioned again that his advisor had said he thinks Landon can finish my next December. Landon is more skeptical, he knows how much work he has yet to do and that the average student takes four and a half to five years to finish. He's always been aiming for four years, but finishing in December would put him at three and half. Which would be awesome. But his advisor has seen countless students come and go and has helped them along the way. It is my prayer that Landon is able to finish up by next December and that he is able to get a job upon completion.

2. I'd rather read. 
So, tonight there's a woman's night thing at our church and Jill Savage will be there speaking on a few different topics. I had the opportunity to hear her speak a month or two ago when I went to Hearts at Home. She was a good speaker and I enjoyed my day. But, I realized after that day that I would rather pay $15 for a book I could read as many times as I liked, and not pay $15 to hear someone speak about such and such a topic for an hour or two. I know there are all kinds of learners, I'm a book learner. I need to see the words and be able to look back at them for something to stick in my mind. I listen to speakers fine, but what they say doesn't stick in my mind for long. Sure I could take notes, and I occasionally do. But I never look back on those notes, so.... what's the point. If I have it in a book I can take my time and think about what I'm reading and how I could apply it. So all that to say, I won't be going tonight. I feel like I ought to go, but I just know I'd learn better from a book, and I'm pretty sure she has written a book about what she'll be speaking on. Is there anyone else that would turn down listening to a good speaker to read a book instead?

found on Google Images

3. It's May. 
How is it already May? Where did April go? It's hard to believe that before I know it the school year will be over and we will be welcoming a new little life into our arms. And who knows, this little peanut could be here before the end of this month! Crazy! Emerson was supposed to be a February baby and he came in January, so ... it could happen. I don't think I would be heartbroken if the little jelly bean decided to come early.


4. Lists. 
I've been making all kinds of list and have been checking things off of them. I really like the checking off part. But even in making a list I feel as though I'm doing something productive. I have a slew of things I want to get accomplished this weekend and am hoping come Monday morning I can check a lot of boxes. Some things I need to do and make and some things I need to go out and buy. But I know what I have to do and am anxious to get working on all of the things.

5. Movement. 
Holy cow. Jelly Bean is a mover and a shaker. I kid you not. I don't remember seeing such crazy movement with Emerson, I'm sure he did, I just feel like this baby is even more squirmy. Last night I was laying down and Landon came in to talk to me for a little bit, Jelly Bean started moving a little bit so I pointed to my belly for Landon to look at. Then baby went wild. Big movements. Distorting my stomach every which way. Fast. Then slow. Then fast again. Non-stop. I tried to get Landon to feel my belly as baby moved, but he was scared [that he would hurt the baby or me?] and weirded out a little bit. Mostly weirded out. And concerned that that baby was hurting me, making me uncomfortable, and, "doesn't that feel weird?!" And then he said, "Emerson didn't move like that. He is coming early." We shall see. We shall see. Again, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if he did come early. Memorial Day wouldn't be too bad ;)

Anyhow, I hope you all have a happy and warm weekend and are able to enjoy time with family and/or friends! I'm linking up here today.



1 comment:

Courtney said...

Mabel has been moving so so so much recently too. Like, totally ramped up her movement. Girl needs to take a chill pill :p