Friday, May 15, 2015

some random thoughts

It feels like my mind is pretty useless these days, from being forgetful to not being able to spell anything correctly to not being able to put a coherent sentence together without thinking about it for five minutes. Anyhow, here are just a few tidbits of life, with my mind being what it is...

1 / have patience 
Oh, I feel like my patience is running so so thin these days. I'm usually pretty laid back and easy going when it comes to little things that Emerson and Bee do, but recently... not as much. They have recently started blowing bubbles [aka producing copious amounts of spit and slobber all over everything] and it drives me crazy! I try not to let it show, so it doesn't encourage them to continue, but it doesn't always work that way. They have also recently decided that screaming is fun. Especially at lunch time. They will eat their food and then sit and scream and scream. Then laugh like it's the best thing in the world. It. is. not. And oh, my patience... I've also noticed, come nap time and bed time, I. am. done. I don't deal well with Emerson's antics at the hours of 1:30ish and 7:3ish. It is not good.

2 / prayer 
My lack or thinning of patience recently had me praying constantly these past few days while Landon was out of town. I don't know how I didn't loose it while he was away, it must have had something to do with the fact that I prayed constantly while he was gone. And Jesus must have known that I couldn't take any extra craziness. I'm just thankful he is home again.

3 / ticking time bomb? 
I know we are still five or so weeks away from our due date, but for some reason I feel like I could explode / pop / have this baby at any given time. It's a strange feeling, but one that won't go away. Hopefully the feeling will just go away very soon, because I don't think I can last like this for five more weeks.

4 / picnic 
On Wednesday I asked Emerson if he wanted to go to a picnic with Daddy on Friday. I should have waited until Friday a few minutes before the picnic to ask him. He has been talking about nothing else. One of the first things he says in the morning and when he gets up from his nap is picnic. This morning he ran into our room and woke Landon up by talking about the picnic. The boy forgets nothing. Nothing. And will always talk about whatever it is we've done or talked to him about. It's pretty sweet, at least I think so. He is very much looking forward to our picnic.

5 / forgetful 
If only Emerson could pass some of his remembering skills onto me. I can't seem to remember anything these days. Goodness sakes, it's awful. I forget times of things, things we have planned, how to spell simple words, sending/giving out thank you cards I wrote less than an hour ago. It's really pathetic.

6 / pictures 
For the past who knows how many weeks, pictures that I upload to my computer are not showing up as options for me to post to blogger. I've never had this problem before and it is so frustrating. I want to say it started around the same time I did the upgrade to my computer a few weeks back. I've had issues, and have thankfully been able to sort most of them out. But this one I cannot figure out. I don't think it's a Blogger problem, but maybe. I don't know. All I know is I used to be able to take a picture, upload it, and then load it onto my blog. Not anymore. Now the new pictures don't even show up as options for me to load onto Blogger. Thus the lack of pictures today [because I am not an advanced pre-writing type of blogger person]. bah. Problems. If any of you have/had a similar problem I'd love your sharing :)

Okay. That's all. I hope you all have a happy and sunny weekend!




3 comments:

Courtney said...

That's strange about the photos- I haven't had any blogger issues recently, so I wonder if it is a firewall or something that it thinks it's protecting that is keeping them from showing up? Sometimes updates are weird like that.

I feel like a ticking time bomb too. I hadn't given it much thought until the last few days, now it's like...is it today? tonight?

Jessica said...

Oh, Mama! I remember hitting that wall with the lack of patience. There were times when I literally had to walk away from Caleb just so that I wouldn't end up raising my voice or speaking harshly - which I still ended up doing at times too, and then felt SO bad about it. Things are definitely better now that my hormones are not preggo crazy, so take heart in that! You will get more patience again soon!:)

tina bumblebee said...

The last week or two I've also lost like half of my patience. I've been extra irritable and every little thing drives me crazy! I quit soda a few weeks ago and I think that might be why. Or the changing of the seasons (although I so so much more prefer summer weather, biologically it just might be messing with my brain). Anything like that for you?