Monday, June 1, 2015

baby bump #2 // 38 weeks


Dear jelly belly,  

This week you are the size of a pumpkin [supposedly about six and a half pounds], which is just crazy to think about. I am thankful you are growing, although I must admit, I hope you don't do too much more growing in my belly. 

This weekend I got sick with a cold, and it has not been good. Bee, the little girl I babysit gave it to me and it has not been good. So much congestion, a sore throat, and cough. Your daddy had a sore throat, but is feeling better now. We are both praying for quick healing and that Emerson doesn't get it. I am kicking myself for not doing something to prevent us catching the cold. Bee had a little bit of a runny nose one morning and the next day at drop off her dad said she had been having a really runny nose... I wish so much I had thought to tell him I couldn't watch her until it was cleared up, because well, I could have a baby any day and the last thing we need is for me, your daddy, or brother to be sick when you are born. But I wasn't quick enough to think to tell him that at drop off. And it kills me. Having a cold is one thing, having a cold when you could have a baby at any minute is a completely different thing. It's not a good thing. I'm feeling a little better today and can breathe easier for the most part, but I know I'm still not completely recovered and continue to pray for quick healing and that Emerson doesn't get sick! Germs, germs, go away!! 

Your daddy thinks you are coming soon, and I hope and pray he is right. Right now I feel like you will stay in there forever, even though I know that's not true and that you will be here within weeks! I've been having more and more Braxton Hick's contractions and they get stronger each time, but it's always nothing in the end, just a tease, which is a tad disappointing. I just have to keep reminding myself you will be here before we know it and our world will be forever changed. 

This is my last week of babysitting until school starts back up in the Fall and I cannot tell you how excited that makes me. I have two more days to go and then it is summer break for us! I wouldn't object in the slightest if you decided you wanted our summer to start a little sooner than that; babysitting is wearing me out and my patience and joy is wearing so very thin and at times I just want to cry [crazy hormones] because I can't do it any more. I know it's not good, but it's the truth. I am ready for you to be here little nugget and focus my energy and attention on you and your big brother. 

The exciting thing is this: we are in your birth month! We are so excited to meet you this month and get to know you and your tiny little personality. I went to the doctor on Friday and got to hear your heartbeat, what a reassuring sound it is to hear your heart beating away. The doctor said it could be any day, and it really could be.

I love you jelly belly and am excited to meet you. Until you decide to join us, I will be spending lots of time with your big brother, doing all kinds of things he wants to do  - playing outside, catching birds, painting, coloring, reading... whatever it is. I think he will love you and will be such a good helper once you arrive, I can't wait to see you grow up together. I pray you will be the best of friends and that you will both love Jesus with your whole heart and always obey and seek after Him. I love you much! - Mama


8 comments:

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Any day!!!!!! Hope those Braxton hicks turn into something real & that you all feel better asap! Xo

Laura said...

Praying for healing and a little boy in your arms soon! The waiting in those last days is the worst part, I think.

tina bumblebee said...

Yay for summer break!! And your belly has grown so much!!!!!!!!! Ahhh 38 weeks, so soon. Good luck :)

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

Almost summer break!! You can do it!

I can't believe how great you look. Seriously, it almost isn't fair. :)

Amanda Klein said...

So exciting! Enjoy your last days as a family of three! And P.S. you look fabulous :)

Alisha said...

38 weeks! I can't believe it! You look seriously adorable. I can hardly stand it! I anxiously await your second little bundle. So excited for you guys!

Amy said...

Baby will be here before you know it! I can't wait! Hope you are feeling better!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

How exciting! Good luck to you! XOXO