Friday, July 24, 2015

dates, family, and fireflies

Happy Friday to you! We have more family visiting us right now, but I wanted to take a few minutes to write down a few things for this week. So here goes...

one. date night.
For a while now Landon and I have been having at home date nights on Friday nights. The date is pretty much the same every week: homemade pizza and a movie. It's predictable, but we love it. We fix dinner and get it in the oven and by the time Emerson is in bed for the night dinner is ready. A movie usually goes along with it. It's a nice way to end the week and it's one night of the week that Landon sometimes doesn't do any work. Anyway, last week we watched "Gone Girl". I knew it was a book that had been made into a movie and that it was crazy and full of twists and such since my sister had read it when she was visiting me one time. But I had no idea just how crazy. Holy cow. Psycho. Wow. Just, wow.

two. full house. 
And no, I don't mean the tv show. I'm talking about our house. Right now there are nine people staying in our two bedroom house. Our kitchen usually feels pretty tight when both Landon and I are in there, but with nine people in the kitchen it feels like a tiny matchbox. It's just a little nuts. But I love that my family is here visiting us for a few days. My mom came in on Wednesday afternoon and my sister and her three kids came in on Thursday afternoon. They don't know how long they are staying so I just enjoying the time I have with them while they are here - even if it makes for a very full house. We've been outside a lot already and tonight catching fireflies is onto agenda. The perfect summer night activity.


three. preggo sister. 
One of my sisters is pregnant right now and is due on Tuesday [she isn't the one that's currently at my house]. She is so close to having her baby and we are all anxious to hear the news of when she goes into labor.  It could be any day now! My mom is going to leave when her baby is born, which is the reason we don't know how long she'll be staying with us.

four. stuck at home. 
For most of the summer I feel like I've been trapped inside our own house. With having a weight limitation on how much I can lift it's been impossible to go out on my own as I can't lift Emerson to put him in his carseat/stroller/a shopping cart... That means every outing has to be done with Landon, and obviously he has to work so he can't just go out and do things all of the time. I feel like I have cabin fever - I just want to get out and go somewhere, but can't. It's like it's winter when it's so cold we can't go outside, but it's not. It's the middle of the summer when we should be out and about.

five. six weeks. 
But Wednesday marked six weeks since Oliver was born and yesterday at my doctor's appointment my doctor gave me the okay to resume normal activity. Hallelujah! I have a list of things I would like to do over the next few weeks and am hoping I can get them all checked off my list. They are mostly things like: going to the craft store, Old Navy, and Target to get some things I've been thinking about lately and so I can make use of some gift cards I got for my birthday. Maybe next week I can finally do some of those things. I'm also excited to finally be able to take Emerson to the park if I want to, once I build up to courage to go with him and a newborn all by myself that is.

Anyhow, I hope you all have a great weekend!


5 comments:

Courtney said...

You'll love running errands with two! The first time is scary but you'll have it down in no time!!

Jessica said...

Yay for getting to get out and about soon - you'll do great, mama! Enjoy every minute of having your family there, even if your house is a bit crammed in the process:)

Amy said...

Have so much fun with all of your family visiting & surrounding you! What a special time! And yes, Gone Girl is crazy! I was a bit speechless while watching it. Way too intense for me.

Yay for being able to get out & about! I can't wait to see how your first outing goes!

Angela said...

Having 9 people in one house sounds like a sitcom from the 80s. How fun to have your family around you during this exciting time of waiting for a new family member to be born.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

Glad life can return to normal for you now!
It sounds like you have a full house and need to relax a bit. Your date nights sound perfect!