Wednesday, July 1, 2015

in the quiet gray morning

I don't know how you mama's of two [or more] keep up with regular blogging. I feel like I've been trying to write just one little post for the past three days now and it just hasn't happened. Hopefully one day soon I will be able to get back to regular [or at least a little more regular] posts. I really love this little space and want to continue keeping it up, right now it's just a matter of finding some time to do that in. It seems like each day is full and busy and yet quiet in its own way too. 


We have been home for two and a half weeks now and have been trying to figure out the whole having two kids for three weeks now. It is hard to believe that it has been three weeks since little Oliver made his way into this world. What a three weeks they have been: full of family, some friends, sleep [for some of us], and adjusting to this new little family. I have by no means mastered the whole having two kids yet, but I am pretty sure my heart has grown and is more full than it has ever been before.


While I'm still trying to figure out what our new "normal" will be like, I thought I would make sure to write down the morning we had today. After breakfast, cleaning up, watching a show [or five], feeding Oliver, and making sure he was good and asleep, Emerson and I went out on the front porch to enjoy some fresh air. The boy loves chalk and bubbles, so we sat in the cool of the overcast July morning drawing pictures on the patio and walkway, blowing bubbles, and chatting the morning away. Maybe it was because the sky was gray or maybe it was because we were enjoying the morning 
outside, maybe it was because it was just the two of us, but it was such a calm and sweet little morning. Emerson was happy and agreeable, obedient and excited, sweet and complimentary of my mad chalk drawing skills [ha]. It was a calm and delightful little way to spend an hour or so of our morning.

I don't know if we will get to do that every morning, but it seemed to break up the morning a little bit and it was so good to have some one on one time playing with Emerson. Things have definitely changed since we came home with Oliver, so it was nice to just hang out with my little man for a while.



6 comments:

Courtney said...

Yes! It's wonderful when you get a chance to put the littlest down and just play with total freedom :)

As far as blogging, I crank out posts in one big chunk. Say like a Saturday when Jim is here, I'll write three or four at once. Or I'll do it while baby wearing Mabel during naptime for A. Or sometimes she'll sit in the rock n play to free up my hands. Just some ideas :)

Amanda Klein said...

What a sweet morning! Outdoor play for the win! It's been super stormy today here, too! You are rocking being a mom of TWO!

Amy said...

So glad that you got to spend some one on one time with Big Brother! As the weeks continue to fly by, getting more anxious regarding our routine, blogging, one on one time with Cash, etc., but I know this is all part of my worries that when the time comes will all work out. :)

kelseylynae said...

That's exactly what Blythe and I do most days-- Becks goes down for a nap and we high tail it outside! [And eventually they will nap at the same time]… though I did cut way back on which blogs I read. Basically I blog and then look at 3 other blogs quickly. :)

Also, I kind of just caught up on all your blogs, but I didn't realize you were still babysitting in the fall. How are you feeling about that?

kelseylynae said...

That's exactly what Blythe and I do most days-- Becks goes down for a nap and we high tail it outside! [And eventually they will nap at the same time]… though I did cut way back on which blogs I read. Basically I blog and then look at 3 other blogs quickly. :)

Also, I kind of just caught up on all your blogs, but I didn't realize you were still babysitting in the fall. How are you feeling about that?

kelseylynae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.