Tuesday, July 14, 2015

summer days

We stuck around the house this past weekend and did some chores and went on a few errands. To me the weekend felt a lot like any other day of the week as that's pretty much what we do every other day of the week. But, it was still a nice little weekend and I even managed to get a few pictures.

On Saturday we managed to get out of the house and do a few errands and come back for a nice long afternoon nap. The rest of the evening was quiet and low key.

Sunday morning we managed to get out of the house in time to make it to church again. Emerson looked like a little man to me on Sunday when he was all dressed for church, and Oliver wore something other than a sleeper or onesie so I made sure to get a picture or two.




After a Sunday afternoon nap we played inside for a few minutes and then decided to fill the pool up for Emerson to splash around in. Sadly there is a hole in the pool, a big pea sized hole, so it was probably the last time Emerson was able to swim in it this summer. Hopefully we'll be able to replace soon for him as the days are unbearably hot right now. We were sure to enjoy a nice cold ice-cream cone while we were outside. And oh, how it felt like a summer day. Even Oliver was able to join in the fun ... as much as a one month old can that is :)


see? the poor deflated pool?

I know I've said it before, but I love our quiet days together, and this weekend was one of those. 



5 comments:

Callie Nicole said...

Ah, I love the pictures of them together! Look how cute they are. :-)

Jessica said...

Your boys are just the sweetest! Love the updates on them!

Alisha said...

Oh my! Look at how absolutely adorable they are!! So in love.

Courtney said...

LOOK at your sweet boys together!! I am melting!!! :) :)

I'm a total quiet day lover. It's my jam.

Amy said...

Love quiet days! And your two boys together... Heart melted!