Friday, August 14, 2015

home again, home again, jiggity jig

It is hard to believe that it is already Friday and that it is nearing the end of summer! Crazy how time flies! There are a lot of things I want to share about, so I thought I'd touch on a few of them today and then a little bit more on some of them next week.

one | home sweet home
The other day I mentioned that we had gone on a little trip to visit some family; what I didn't tell you was that our trip was a little longer than just a week. We were gone for nearly two weeks. Which kind of seems like forever looking back on it. While we were on our trip we got to visit a lot of family and a few friends. Then at the end of our visiting family we stopped at Lake Barkley for a vacation of sorts. It was a really good trip, but it is good to be home.

two | Lake Barkley 
If possible we like to take a little vacation each summer to the beach and the past few years we've been fortunate enough to be able to do that. This year we decided we just couldn't do that, what with Oliver being a new baby and all. We didn't want to make the 12 + hour drive with a newborn to go to the beach. But we still wanted to do something so we decided visiting family and a few days at the lake would be a good alternative. It was a fun little get away, definitely not the beach, but a good little get away just the same. The lake was very peaceful and calm and Emerson spent the majority of his time in the pool. He also continually called the lake the ocean. Same same. Right? Landon's family was able to meet us at the lake so we were able to enjoy a few more days with them, which was really nice.


three | laundry 
At home I'm always keeping up with the laundry and have at least a load going every day. But I didn't realize just how much laundry we go through in less than a week until I didn't have the chance to do any laundry the last few days of our trip. It's a little ridiculous. Wanna guess what I'm doing today? Hopefully by next Friday everything that gets washed and dried today will finally be put away. ha.

four | good-bye summer 
Today is my official last day of summer. Well, technically I suppose that would be Sunday, but I feel like once today is over so is my break and it's back to real life. Baby-sitting starts again on Monday and I am all sorts of anxious and terrified about it. I am not looking forward to the days ahead. Jesus, help me.

five | early mornings 
We've been pretty laid back all summer when it comes to getting out of bed in the morning. Emerson will usually wake up at the crack of dawn and then come lay in bed with us and watch a show or read some books while we sleep a little bit longer and/or I feed Oliver. Our mornings have been slow and leisurely [as much as the can be with two littles]. All that ends tomorrow and it makes my heart a little sad. Oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted and I'm praying we [I] can adjust to the earlier mornings.

I hope you all have a happy weekend!

No comments: