Thursday, August 6, 2015

loves & dislikes

The other day my sweet friend Amy  tagged me to share some of my loves and some of my dislikes. I thought today would be the perfect time to share some of those. I've actually been trying to get this post up for a few days now, but due to life and the internet being out haven't been able to until now.


loves

Made up beds. It seems like if the bed is made, my day is better. Or at least I can tell myself that it is because I've actually done something.

Lit candles. Give me all the candles, I love them. Having one glowing in our kitchen/living room/bedroom gives me warm fuzzier.

Traveling. There are so many places to see!

Mountains. I love them. Looking at mountains that reach the sky always make my heart sing. They make me feel like I'm home. I could live in the mountains . . . maybe one day?

Tidy spaces. There is a place for everything. Right now there's not a lot of tidiness in my home; but I love the messes that are made there because of the little person who makes them. And I know that the day will come when everything will be put away where it belongs and stay there for longer than .093 seconds.

Coffee. A nice little cup of joe does me wonders. It can clear my head and just make me slow down. It has a calming effect and sparks my imagination.

Fall. Everything about Fall is my favorite. The weather, the pumpkins, the colors, the sweaters and jeans. I love it all.

Pens. Nice colorful pens. How can they not make a person happy?

Packing. Call me crazy, but I enjoy packing. The challenge of figuring out what to pack and then making it fit into a bag/box/suitcase... Good times. [although, that very last box when you're packing up your whole house... not my favorite then].

Baking. There are so many yummy things to make. Cookies, cakes, breads . . . and the way they make your house smell while you're baking them is just an added bonus. Baking is my therapy.


dislikes 

When something you've just written is deleted before you have a chance to save it. Like what happened when I was writing this post.

Dusting. The worst. I hate that our bedroom furniture is black; the dust shows up so easily it just can't be ignored for as long as I wish it could. haha. Though, I suppose that's a good thing.

Flying. As much as I love traveling, I hate flying.

Drinking warm or room temperature water. It. is. gross, and I won't drink it.

Basements. Sure they're good for storage and tornados and all, but that doesn't mean I like them.

Rats and mice. Absolutely hate them. They give me the hee-bee jee-bees.

Running. I really don't know how I ran a half marathon once upon a time.

Putting laundry away. I could wash and dry all day long. Sometimes even fold it. But actually putting the laundry away? Doesn't happen.

Cracked dry hands. So, pretty much my hands all winter long. They are horrible!

Hot and humid weather. You know when you feel like you're swimming in the air? Yeah, not a fan at all. It makes me cranky.


And there you have it! Now you know some of my loves and hates!  :) What are yours? I'd love to hear them.


5 comments:

Courtney@PancakesandSparkles said...

Ugh I know how you feel about dry and cracked hands! In the winter my hands are so terrible, I carry about 6 different creams around with me but none of them really work.
Yes to all things fall, the weather, the leaves, the colours, pumpkins, Halloween and jumpers!

Amy said...

Oh candles! I love, love candles! Cash & I just picked up a Sonoma caramel toffee scented candle from Kohl's. It smells so yummy. I'm waiting for it to get a bit cooler before I go ahead & light it.

Courtney said...

Ughhhhh to the deleting. Yesssss.

And yeah, I'm all about ice cold water!

Jessica said...

Girl, I HATE dusting and flying too. If I never had to do either of those things ever again, I would be totally ok with that.

And I love so many of your loves! Fall - yes. Candles - yes. Baking - YES!!! All of those things together are just my favorite so I am very much looking forward to October and the beginning of fall!:)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

I love your love list! XOXO And the first one on the dislike list...YEP. The worst!