Friday, August 28, 2015

pretty days and pre-pregnancy clothes

Another Friday is upon us, and I am happy to be saying hello to it. It's hard to believe that we will be saying hello to September in a few short days. Where has this year gone? I always remember hearing grown ups talk about how fast the years would pass, but when I was little, it felt like it took forever for Christmas / birthdays / other fun holidays to come around. Now? It's not the case any more. I mean shoot, it's practically Christmas. And in a month or two, it will probably look like Christmas in the stores. Cra-zy. Anyhow, I always enjoy a good Friday and getting some random things off my brain. Here goes ...

one. two weeks down. 
I am officially back in working mode. And today marks two weeks down with three little ones. I feel like I kind of went from one kid to three kids. With all the visitors and help we had over the summer, and then the traveling and visiting we did at the end of the summer, I never really had a chance to figure out being a mama to two. Sure I had a few days here and there when I was on my own, but there was usually some one around to help a little bit [which was soooo nice] so I never really figured it out with the boys. And now I have two boys and Bee. Thankfully I am figuring things out and a nice little routine seems to be taking shape. Once we get a little more settled into our routine I will be sharing what it looks like.

two. fall is in the air. 
We have been loving the weather the past few days! They have been so Fall like and have me itching even more for the sweater weather days. We've been taking full advantage of the beautiful weather and have been going on lots of walks and playing at the park as much as we can. I cannot wait until every day is perfectly cool. Fall is my favorite.


three. jeans. 
Since Oliver's birth I have been living in skirts and yoga pants, though lately it's been mostly skirts. I love skirts and I love that I've been able to wear them this summer, but I am ready to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. The other morning I thought I'd try try on a pair of my normal jeans, just to see if they fit. And low and behold, they did. Granted they may not be the ones I was wearing right before I was pregnant, but still, they are normal jeans and they fit and I am love wearing them. Just in time for these cooler days. Hopefully within the next few months I'll be back to where I was before getting pregnant. I can hope, right?

four. blog ideas.  
Sometimes I just can't seem to think of anything I want to write about. I like writing in this little space, even if it may just be my rambling thoughts. It's a way for me to unwind and I enjoy the sense of community with other bloggers that have turned into friendships. But there are some days and I'm just at a loss for what to write. Any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions would be most welcome.

five. ordering pictures. 
I am so bad about ordering pictures and making photobooks. I always have the best intentions to upload/make/order pictures or photobooks, but that's pretty much where it stops. Intentions. I have a coupon for free photos from Shutterfly and I need to be sure to use it before it expires. Which is soon I think. Why can't I be better about getting those memories printed? A goal to work on, for sure.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and are able to enjoy some family time or some time alone, if that's something that would be special for you.


3 comments:

Amanda Klein said...

Kudos on fitting into your PP clothes! I think it took me two years to do that, ha!

Amy said...

Yay for pre-pregnancy jeans! I can't wait for that & Bean's not even here yet! haha!

Enjoy your weekend with all of your boys!

Angela said...

Congratulations on fitting into your pre-pregnancy jeans! As for suggestions on what to write about on your blog. I love reading about the day-to-day life stuff on blogs. I also like reading book reviews (both books for adults and children's books), TV show suggestions, and recipes.

But I think your blog is great already. I just found it today from a friday link-up and I just became a follower. Keep up the good work!