Friday, September 11, 2015

a surprise, a gym, and activities

Happy Friday! As always, I enjoy sharing a few random things each Friday, so I'm about to do the same again today :)

one. day off. 
Two or so weeks ago I was told I'd have this past Wednesday off, Bee was going to spend the day with her Grandma. It was a pleasant surprise as it's always nice to have an unplanned day off. Well, mid-morning on Tuesday I found out that Bee would be coming on Wednesday but not Friday. Probably. Okay, that's fine too. Then her dad told me, that not only would she be coming on Friday, but that she would be coming early. Early. Good gracious. Then, yesterday afternoon Bee's mom sent me a text with yet another change of plans for the week: Bee wouldn't be coming on Friday [today] and she would be picked up early on Thursday. Oh the changes... I try to be flexible, but when it comes to my job [even though I'm at home] it's nice to be able to plan things - like trips to the store, sleeping in, or something equally thrilling. I was happy it worked out as it did, especially this morning when both boys were still sleeping at 7:20. What?! That never happens, so I'm really thankful I was able to enjoy a quiet morning by myself and not have to worry about getting ready and watching Bee at an early hour.

two. I work out. 
Well, not really. Not yet, at least. But I did join a gym. Say what?! I decided I was tired of feeling like blah and wanted to get fit [or at least work out in hopes of getting a little bit fit]. I tired the work out DVDs, but they just don't work for me. I just can't seem to find time to work out at home during the day and at night Oliver is wide awake and playing, so I can't do it then either. And walks only do so much, even though walking is better than nothing. Landon and I have been talking about the possibility of me joining a gym for a while and we looked a few different ones. I applied to one that offers free child care and the other night we went as a family to look around and make sure it would work for us. I had been going back and forth in my head about if I really wanted to use my spending money for a gym membership or not. And then I joined. And then Landon wanted to join too so we could go as a family. That makes me happy.

three. to the gym. 
Since I didn't have to watch Bee this morning I loaded up the boys and drove to the gym. I got a little work out in before it was time to head home to feed the babe. It was nice being able to go out in the morning and, dare I say - it was nice to work out. I felt like I was finally doing something good for me. My short term goal is to get to the gym four times a week, do some cardio and a little toning stuff too. My long term goal is to make this a lifelong habit. I feel like now that I'm really not getting any younger [though I suppose you never get younger...], I need to do something active to take care of my body.

four. caffeine addiction?
One thing that I may be doing that's probably not the greatest for my body is drinking coffee. I don't drink a ton of it, and I don't even drink it every day, just most days. Though looking back, I was probably having a cup each day for a few weeks. Then I didn't have any one day and had a terrible headache. Coincidence? I'm not sure. But of course it got me thinking and wondering if I should stop drinking coffee altogether. Do I really need to be putting that in my body? When my eyes are heavy and all I want to do is go back to bed before lunch time, by answer is, "yes. Yes I do need to be drinking that." Oh my...

five. activities. 
Next week our 'activities' start up again. I am going to attempt to get myself and three little people to Bible study all by myself next week. Part of me thinks I'm crazy to do it, but a bigger part of me loves that Emerson always asks about going to Bible class and gets so excited for it, which in turn gives me the motivation [or craziness] I need to try and get us all there in one piece on time. Hopefully on time. And our small group is starting again next week, so there is lots to look forward too. That may not sound like a lot to you all, but for me, it's a lot.

Anyhow, I hope you all have a happy weekend!



No comments: