For some reason today feels like it should be Monday and yesterday felt like Sunday all day long. I guess that's what happens when you have a holiday weekend and have Monday off? I don't know, but either way today is Tuesday [which is a nice little treat] and tomorrow is Wednesday which means the week is almost half way through. Is it a bad thing I'm already looking forward to the weekend? Probably. I'll just share some highlights from our weekend and be on my way ...
- Friday evening was fairly calm and quiet, I really don't remember what we did at all on Friday night. I'm trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. ha.
- Saturday morning after Oliver finished his early morning feed I buckled him in his carseat and we went off for a little early morning grocery shopping trip. I was already awake and knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep any longer so I figured, "why not?" Once we got home we had some breakfast and then played the rest of the morning away while folding laundry and getting a few other chores done.
- Emerson was a real peach until his nap time on Saturday. Friday night there had been a big storm [wait, I do remember Friday night :] and he was terrified, shaking and everything. So he laid in our bed with Landon while I fed Oliver. The storm took a while to pass, so he was up a lot later than usual. Then he woke up at 5 the next morning. Thus the reason for his extreme peachiness. I would say I've never been happier to see nap time come around, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I will say that at lunch time on Saturday he was starting to nod off because he was so sleepy. He has never done that before, as I was cleaning up the kitchen, waiting for him to finish eating I turned to see his little arm resting on the table and his head resting on it, his eyelids heavy. I asked him if he was ready for his nap and he said yes. That was the only time he's ever said yes to being tired.
- Thankfully he took a good long nap and Oliver did too - at the same time! So I was able to get some cleaning done and finish up my chores. I even had some time to sit and enjoy the calm for a bit.
- After Emerson woke up his Gigi and Poppy arrived for the long weekend. We had all been looking forward to their visit all week, and Emerson was especially anxious for them to get to the house. We talked for a little bit after they arrived and then Landon and I headed out to the phone store. Hot date, I know ;)
- We got new phones! We have finally given into the world of smart phones. It's a pretty big deal. Landon's sister had just gotten a new iPhone so she gave me her old one to use, she's super nice like that. There were a few glitches with having a used phone and it took a day or so to get it all sorted out: I didn't realize that she hadn't reset/deleted her stuff on the phone and the guy didn't set my number up with the phone ... so there was some phone and user ID confusion for the first night, but it was sorted out in the end and now I feel all fancy like the rest of the world. haha.
- Sunday morning I woke up with a terrible headache which made me feel awful in general, so we stayed home and Landon and his dad went out to get donuts for breakfast. It was a nice treat. Thankfully I started feeling a little bit better later on and we were able to have some fun.
- Landon and his dad deep cleaned our carpets, I went to the phone store and Kohl's with Landon's mom and Oliver, we all went out for dinner, and then the family went to the park while I fed Oliver in the quiet of our room.
- We always enjoy when Landon's parents come to visit and are always sad to see them leave. When they're here it's like a mini vacation of sorts and we get to do all kinds of fun things like eat out and I get to paint my nails. ha. And then they leave and it's back to real life.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!