Friday, September 18, 2015

kids, storms, and sickness

Let's get straight to it shall we?

one || three littles, one me 
On Tuesday, our Bible study started back up again and I loaded all three munchkins up and headed to church. And, miracle of miracle - we weren't late, though they did start a little bit later than they are supposed to. So maybe the odds were just in my favor that day. If that can happen again, I don't know, but I'm sure going to try. Emerson loves going to Bible class and it's absolutely the best thing ever to hear him talk about how much he loves Bible class and about what he learned and did, even if it is about what he played or that he read books. I love taking him and I just pray that these little years of taking him to Bible class will be something he always remembers and that they are truths that he always holds on to.

two || sick kiddos 
It could be worse, and it probably will be at some point, but both boys have stuffy noses and a cough and they sound congested. Even sweet little Oliver, poor baby. Bee also has the same symptoms, so that makes it extra fun. I'm not sure if she brought it in our house or if it came from somewhere else. Who knows, I just know that it's not fun and I hate it for tiny Oliver to be sick already.

three || safe in the storm 
We have been getting a lot of storms this year. We had them what seemed like non-stop from April to July and they have started up again. Emerson has started expressing his dislike of storms, and I don't blame him. This morning we had a thunderstorm and after I went in his room to get him this morning he said, "Me no like tunder. Jesus keep me safe." What sweet words! I have been telling him over and over that Jesus will always be with him and keep him safe, and apparently those truths are starting to stick!

original source unknown 

four || thank you notes 
Oliver was given a gift a while ago and I have yet to write a thank you for it. We told the Aunt who gave it to him thank you, but I have yet to send a card. Goodness sakes. I really need to do that. But when I remember to do it I can't and then when I can, I forget about it. Except for right now. So, I should probably get on that.

five || ...nothing 
That's all I have for today. Wishing you all a happy weekend!



1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm the worst about remembering and simultaneously forgetting to write thank you notes.

I love the storm story. So sweet!

Have a great weekend!