Friday, September 25, 2015

this week and a potential milk allergy

This week was full of snot and coughs, laundry and cleaning. Even though work only kind of stops for me on the weekends, I'm still awfully glad to see Friday come. So here are five things for today...

one / days off
Monday and Wednesday were little holidays at our house this week - I didn't have to babysit! Although, I had two sick kiddos, so it wasn't all fun and games, it was still nice to just have to watch after my own two littles. We did all of the fun things we don't usually get to do when Bee is here, like go to the store. ha. Exciting times I tell ya.

two / sensitivity to tomatoes or milk
In Oliver's three month update I may or may not have mentioned how he sometimes screams when it's time for him to eat. Sometimes he'll eat fine for a while and then after burping, when I know he's still hungry, he will just cry and scream and refuse to eat any more. I hate to see him in pain and know that he's hungry but refusing to eat. So I started keeping track of what I ate to see if there was any correlation. I cut out tomatoes and milk and since then, he hasn't pulled away/made his body stiff as a board/screamed/cried/refused to finish eating. You can imagine my relief and I'm sure his as well. Now, the only trouble is, I'm not sure if it's tomatoes or milk, or if it's both. But I really don't want him to scream like that when he's eating again so I don't even want to test the waters to see if it's tomatoes or milk. I'm scared to have tomato sauce or yogurt or milk because I just want him to be a happy eater. If only I could figure out the cause without the possibility of upsetting him again....

three / quit my job 
Sometimes I just feel like quitting my job and going back to the classroom - tomorrow. Of course I know I'm not going to do that, but sometimes I feel like I need to be around children that are much older than the ones I see every day. Namely, the two two year olds running around my house and tearing it to pieces. I feel like the conversations I had with those 14 year olds were just a little more "normal" and if I told them to do something, they did it ... most of the time ... but one thing they didn't do was throw their body on the floor and scream and cry and wail for 20 minutes. So yeah. There's that. But then I see little Oliver's face and I hear Emerson tell me that he wants to read about how God made the earth, and I know I am right where I should be.


four / finding/making time 
You may remember me mentioning a few weeks ago that I joined a gym. I've been going a few times a week since we joined, but it always seems like a challenge to actually get there. Finding the right time is tricky I tell ya. I can't go during the day when it would be most convenient, I can only go late in the afternoons. But Oliver usually takes his better naps later in the afternoon, and he needs those naps, and I ain't waking no sleeping baby. After he wakes up, he needs to eat, and by that time it's time for me to fix dinner so I don't have a cranky toddler on my hands. And then of course dinner is followed closely by bed time. I've considered going early in the dark of the early morning, but oh, how I love my bed and feel the need to sleep in it for a little while longer. When do I go? That is the question. Or do I just ditch the gym? ha :)

five / a new kitchen 
We have a functional kitchen. It's not great, but it works. It's smaller than the kitchen in our previous home but bigger than the kitchen in our first apartment. But when evening time rolls around and I'm fixing dinner and Emerson "needs" to help, I need a bigger kitchen! There is no where for him to stand that isn't close to a burner or next to a pile of clean and/or dirty dishes. eessshh. One day, maybe I'll have a kitchen that is a little more functional. At least I can hope for it, right?


Anyhow, I'll leave it at that. I hope you all have a lovely weekend! 



1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

I hope everyone is feeling better! XOXO I'm glad Oliver doesn't seem to be in pain anymore, but I hope you can figure out which of those foods was causing it!