Monday, October 19, 2015

a little bit of a weekend

For some reason, even though we didn't have a lot going on this weekend, it felt like a very full and busy one. Friday afternoon was pretty chilly, but we bundled up and headed to the park to enjoy the last little bit of daylight. Emerson ran around in his happy place and Oliver chilled out like he usually does. On Saturday morning both of the boys decided to sleep in a little bit longer than usual [special treat indeed!] so we didn't really get our day started until around nine or so. I know, so late. ha. We had a few errands to run that morning and Landon wanted to take Emerson swimming before his nap time. So we got out of the house as fast as we could so we could make sure the swimming would actually happen. After grocery shopping Landon took Emerson swimming and I stayed at home with Oliver. It was unusually quiet and I didn't really know what to do with myself for a while there. Though, I quickly found something to fill my time with: dishes, tidying up, cleaning, eating, getting lunch ready for Emerson...




After lunch I tried to make a hair appointment, but it ended up not happening, so I took Oliver to the store to return a few things and look for a few other things we needed for the boys. His Gigi had given him some clothes but wasn't sure of the sizing or if there was something that would work better for him. So we went to exchange the outfit and find something different. But, when I got to the store I couldn't decide on anything. And even though there was a sale and I had a coupon, everything seemed too expensive. So after roaming the store for thirty minutes I left empty handed. On the way home I just thought about how I should have kept the original outfit and made it work and then order the other things he needed online when I saw a good deal pop up. Should have, could have, would have...

Oliver was a really good shopping buddy, but on the way home, he was not happy and he let me know it. Man, it felt like the longest twenty minutes - him crying in his carseat and me not able to do a thing about it. Poor baby. By the time we got home he settled down a little bit so I fixed some dinner and as soon as it was ready, the little fellow was hungry too. Funny how that always works. Though for some reason, every time Oliver ate on Saturday he would cry and scream and not eat. Then just eat for a few minutes. It was awful. I didn't know what was wrong or how to help him. He was so clearly upset. The only thing I could think of was that maybe his vaccinations that he got on Thursday were messing with his system. I don't know, but it was not a fun day for either of us. Even on Sunday his eating was off. I'm not really sure what's going on with him, but I sure hope he gets back to his happy little self soon!

Sunday we made it to church - on time! It was a first for us in a very long time. Afterwards we enjoyed lunch at home and when Emerson woke up from his nap we surprised him and went to a pumpkin patch. We got one little pumpkin and are hoping to go to another pumpkin patch around these parts this coming weekend. Emerson was happy to wander around, pick pumpkins, and pull the wagon. It's really the little things for this little boy.






So while we didn't have a ton going on this weekend, it still felt full. It was a good one and we were able to enjoy some family time, which is always nice.

I hope you all had a nice weekend too!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Aw the pumpkin patch looks so fun! I hope to take the girls sometime soon. Maybe next week? :)

Amy said...

Hope Oliver is doing better! I'm not sure I know what a hot or even warm meal is lately. Ha!