Thursday, October 22, 2015

an afternoon outing

The other day it just so happened that I was able to take the boys on a few errands after Bee went home. I was on a mission to find a few things for Emerson's Halloween costume and needed to grab a few other things while I was out as well. After looking all through the store at our first stop, a child's consignment shop, I found what I needed for his costume and I couldn't have been happier. I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't be able to find anything that would work. At three dollars I was more than happy to fork over the money and get one step closer to actually making his costume. I say making loosely - I'm not sewing the clothes or anything, but I am putting a little something together [and I can't wait until it's finished and I can share it with you all].

After a successful first stop we headed to Target [surprise!]. It had been a few weeks since we had been in there and I have to say - I am so excited for the rest of this year! They had Fall and Halloween things out and even some Christmas things were popping up around the store. I love it! And all the sudden, after a not so lovely morning I was in a little happy place. I somehow managed to refrain from buying all of the things, but oh my goodness. It was hard. The clothes they have out for Fall and Winter are so fun looking and it was nearly impossible to not get Oliver all of the cute little outfits they have out for little boys [and they had some super sweet little girl clothes too, but I don't linger on those ones for long, since well, I have boys]. I spotted some nice things for Emerson too, but again, I refrained. I'm sure I won't be able to hold out for long - they need some things.  :)

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Anyhow, we walked around the store and oohed and ahhed over this and that. At one point Oliver was starting to fuss in his carseat, so instead of leaving the store right then, I took him out and carried him around while pushing the cart. I needed a little more time, you know? And he was so good and so happy - just wanted to be held. At one point Emerson and I were looking at something when all of the sudden Oliver started giggling the biggest belly laughs. It was adorable. And I had no idea what so funny to him, but he laughed for a few minutes about something. If only I could figure out what it was. Walking around the store was a nice way to spend the afternoon and mix things up a little bit. It helped that both boys were good shopping buddies.

Then yesterday afternoon I looked for a diaper to put on Emerson for bed time and realized that we were out. Not one single blessed diaper to be found for that boy. haha. Whoops. Yeah, somehow I didn't realize he was out, so a much needed item was not gotten. Eh, I guess it's an excuse to go back again today? I think yes.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Oliver was enjoying the new view! He must love Target like the rest of us. ;)

Two trips to Target in two days...bummer. ;)

Laura said...

We bought a few cute things for Andrew at Target this weekend. They had some cute things!!!