Friday, November 6, 2015

a cry for help, gifts, and shopping

The children are all asleep right now. Goodness, how I love when this happens. Sometimes it happens and sometimes - it doesn't. So I'm always sure to take advantage when it does. Sure I could do more cleaning and what not when it does happen, but I've come to find that I'm okay with a little mess as long as I get a mental break in the day. Anyhow, it's Friday and we are ready for the weekend. Not that we have any big plans. We don't. But it's just nice to get caught up on my chores and get some other things done. Somehow it seems like none of the bigger chores get done during the week. I like to blame that on watching three little people...

one. "me stuck!"
This morning I awoke to yelps and cries from Emerson's room. As I lay in bed I kept hearing his cries, and he sounded like he was in distress. Come to find out, he was. He'd dropped a book between his bed and the wall and tried to reach it. Only problem was: his arm got stuck. haha. And I'm terrible for laughing at him. He kept hollering, "Mommy! Me arm tuck! Help me, Mommy! Me arm! Me arm tuck!" hahaha. After laughing [only a little bit] I went in his room, freed his arm, got his book, and then told him he had a little bit longer before he could get out of bed. Oh my goodness. That boy makes me laugh. Though it was such a pitiful sight this morning. poor boy, just wanted his book.

two. an extra hour. 
Usually Bee arrives at our house around 8:12 every morning. This morning however, I got a text from her mom saying that she would be here between 8:30 and 9, she was going on a Starbucks date with a friend [can I please trade her places?] who was dropping her off. As it ended up, she didn't get here until closer to 9:30. I felt like I had a whole day of things done before she got here! Started a load of laundry, brushed teeth, wiped bathroom counters, fed baby, cleaned up breakfast dishes, folded some laundry... It was nice to not be scrambling around in the morning and be able to enjoy it, even if it was full of chores.

three. Christmas gifts. 
My goal is to have my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving - or more realistically the end of November. So far I've gotten quite a bit done and know the rest of what I need to get. I've even claimed a gift to get my sister's kids. The past few years I've been getting them all a movie, it's easy, they like it, they don't have it, and it's pretty much the cheapest thing I can get for three kids. Yes, they share a gift. This year, it's the Minion Movie. They're gonna love it! The candles I've been eyeing for my sisters-in-law are on sale again, and I have some coupons, so you can bet I'll be snatching those up this weekend. The grandparent's gift I just really need to start working on - those calendars don't make themselves :)


four. shopping. 
While I'm on the topic of shopping... I had been thinking about getting some new tops for this winter. A lot of the ones I have don't fit anymore or are just really old. I stumbled across a few the other day and may or may not have gotten one [or more] of them. The best part? They weren't plain old t-shirts! I've forbidden myself from buying any plain t-shirts. That's all I wear, because that's all I buy, because they're the cheapest shirt to get, because they work. But I've decided I want to actually try to look like I'm trying, so, no more t-shirts. Right?


five. back up copy.
I have finally backed all of my files [namely pictures] up to an external hard drive. But for some reason, I am still terrified to actually delete the pictures off of my computer! I know they're on the external hard drive, I know I have copies of them on the memory cards, and I am going to be uploading them all to Shutterfly. So I should be good with actually deleting them, right? Wrong. I don't want to do it! What do you all do when you have too many files? Where do you store them? Are you good about going through and deleting your pictures? I feel like this has been a problem of mine for far too long now. I need to just do it!


And that's that. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Friday and have a particularly nice weekend!


2 comments:

Jessica (The Newly) said...

I totally grabbed some of those candles this weekend while they were 2 for $24 and I had a $10 off coupon. I got two candles, a bath gel, and a room spray for $22. That's what I call a deal:) Loving your determination to find some clothing in fun colors and patterns. I too tend to veer toward more simple designs, but sometimes it's fun to have a little pattern and color:)

Amy said...

I love that top! I'm so similar to you in the fact that most everything I purchase is a solid color in a form of either a long-sleeved or short-sleeved top. I'm trying, though.

Have a great Monday!