Friday, November 13, 2015

boots, chocolate, and Christmas

I have been working on cleaning our house a little bit at a time this week in hopes of it being some what tidy by the time we have some visitors come over this weekend [today!]. So, I'm going to keep this short and sweet just so I can make sure it's as done as can be before they arrive in ... 30 some minutes!

one. boots with the fringe 
Every Fall and Winter I see people wearing boots and think they look so cute and wish I had a pair, but I never buy them or ask for them. I feel like I just can't do boots very well. I have one pair of fluffy boots, good for walking in the snow and keeping my feet warm, but they are the cutest boots. So the other day when I saw a little sale on boots I looked them over and one pair caught my eye. I kept thinking about them and thought, "Maybe these boots are the ones that could work for me." So I asked for them for Christmas. Not sure if I'll get them and if I do if I'll like them [though if I do get them I do hope I actually like them!], but they seem fun and "cute" and me all at the same time. Now I'm thinking they may be a little too crazy for me. But, we'll just have to wait and see :)


two. stopping by for a visit 
This weekend Landon's parents are coming in for a little visit. It's been a pretty motivating factor to get Emerson to obey more promptly and clean up his toys [and for me to whip the house into a clean state]. If only I could use this reason every day... Hopefully it will be a fun and restful weekend. The weekends his parents come in are usually good ones, so I'm sure this one will be too.

three. playroom
I've been trying to make the play area a little more fun, lively, and inviting. The function of it is perfect, but the walls are pretty bare and pathetic [though, that's really most walls in our house]. So I went online and found a bunch of printables to make it a little more fun happy. I finally got them all printed out and on the walls this morning. Once they were all up, Emerson told me several times, "Look good, Mommy! Tank you! Wall pitcher look good." Aw, shucks. I'm glad he likes it, since it is for him, after all.

four. chocolate cake for one 
I have a really terrible habit of needing to eat something sweet after dinner each night. But really, I need to. It's like I'm just not satisfied without a little sweet treat. You know? It's been more of a challenge for me to find good dairy free things as a little sweet after dinner. More often than not, I'll go without now [which is how it probably always should be], but the other day while watching a show on Food Network I discovered that I could make chocolate cake in a mug in my microwave. Snap. So I tried it, and holy cow. I'm not a huge chocolate lover, but this is wonderful and makes me all kinds of happy. It may not look like much, or that appetizing, but yum. It is tasty.


five. Christmas decor 
Is it too early to put Christmas decorations out? I'm going to just say it's not too early and feel good with my decision to start pulling out the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. They aren't out yet, but they might slowly be making their way upstairs before too long. I have one box of Fall decor, I pulled it out of the closet, brought it upstairs, but it never actually made it out of the box. whoops. At this point I'm just going to wait another week or so before I put the box back and get out all the Christmas things. Yay. I've got to start early if I actually want to get it out at all this year, right? Oh, and also, I feel like I need to spruce my Christmas decor collection up a bit. Most of my decor are things I collected as a child that my mom saved for me. I use it now and it is fun, festive, and nice. However, I really want to have a cohesive decor for Christmas and one that looks like a grown up lives in our house. There are so many cute things I see and would love to bring home, but my cheap side always wins in the end and I say good-bye to the sweet little Noel sign on the shelf at the store. Maybe one day?


Have a happy weekend!



4 comments:

Courtney said...

I love that E loved his new playroom decorations! Sooo sweet! You'll have to share your prints :)

I'm chomping at the bit to decorate for Christmas!!

Laura said...

Those boots are too cute! Do you have the link to the cake recipe? Sounds yummy!

Jessica (The Newly) said...

I love those boots! I think you would actually wear them more than you would anticipate - I could see them going with a lot. So hopefully they will show up under the tree on Christmas morning:)

I would also be interested in the cake in a mug recipe! For health reasons (more on that later), I am remaining on a dairy light diet. So, trying to avoid it as much as possible. But like you, I NEED a sweet to end my meal! So, a mug cake sounds great!

We are decorating one week from tomorrow. And I. Cannot. Wait!

Amy said...

That treat sounds yummy!

We're almost done decorating. :)