This week at the Bible study I go to one of the questions was along the lines of, "what is a big thing you want to praise God for?" I thought and thought about what "big thing" I was thankful for. And while there are lots of things I am thankful for, I just couldn't pick one thing and anything I thought of didn't seem "big." There have been times that it has been easy to pick one [big] thing God has done for us: sold our house, found a new one, moving, babies, getting jobs, helping us in said jobs, school . . . but for now? Now I just feel like there are lots of little things for which I am thankful. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I just think that's kind of what it is. And, better to find joy and gratefulness in the little things than always be waiting and on the look out for a big thing. With having said that, I'll keep my list of gifts going this week. It's been helping me look on the bright side and count my blessings which in turn makes me more thankful and happier.
59. a house with a working heater!
60. having a double stroller
61. hearing Emerson sing songs after Sunday school and/or Bible class: "O is for obey...."
62. socks that help keep my feet warm
63. an almond milk coffee drink find at the store
64. when the children are sleeping at the same time
65. being able to FaceTime with family
66. a mostly better/healed Oliver
67. nursery teachers who love loving on, cuddling with, and rocking my baby
68. Christmas gifts hiding around the house waiting to be wrapped and placed under the tree
69. dairy free chocolate cake for one
70. having peace about what we are or aren't doing for Thanksgiving
71. working on decorating our home with freebies
72. the anticipation of family coming for a visit
73. a trip to the store [aka: getting out of the house]
74. breakfast food. I love them all.
75. cleaning the house a little bit at a time
76. soft, squishable, kissable baby cheeks
77. making Emerson laugh so hard he can hardly breathe
78. footie pajamas on my little people
79. the smell of sweet gooey butter cake twirling through the air
80. cuddling and rocking Oliver while he sleeps
81. two happy, healthy boys
_ _ _ _
So many little things to be thankful for!