Tuesday, December 22, 2015

bits of cheer [ ho ho ho ]

Happy Christmas week! Just three more days until Christmas! I feel like this month has gone by so quickly and so slowly at the same time. I'll never know how that's possible. Anyhow, I'm just going to share a few Santa pictures for my little bits of cheer this week. 

We got to see Santa after Thanksgiving when we were visiting my sister and we were lucky enough to see Mrs. Claus too. We got our picture and went on our way. Though I was a little disappointed afterwards that Oliver didn't get to actually "meet" Santa [sit in his lap], so I was hoping we'd get to see him again. But still, we had a Santa picture so I was just going to be happy with that. [Also, am I the only one thinking that Mrs. Claus should have worn a dress with a higher neckline?] 


Once I had accepted our Santa pictures, I moved on and didn't even think about seeing him again. It didn't really matter. But then... we found out he was going to be visiting a nearby store, so we took the boys to see him.



And I am oh so glad we did. I love how the pictures with Santa the second time around turned out. I'm pretty sure Emerson could have sat on his lap the whole morning. Oliver was a trooper when we got the pictures taken - he was feeling a little under the weather, but I decided that it would be okay for him to sit on Santa's lap for just a minute or so. I'm sure they will thank me for these pictures one day.



I know Christmas isn't all about Santa and presents and whatnot, but I still love that the boys got to see Santa. I also love that every night before bed we read part of the Christmas Story and talk about the real reason we celebrate Christmas. Having two boys of my own makes me even more thankful for the Gift God gave us. 

May your Christmas week be filled with love, joy, peace, and hope. 


2 comments:

Linsley said...

These pictures are so cute! I love their outfits! Merry Christmas!

Alisha said...

These pictures!! All the heart eyes. Your boys are just the sweetest! The Mrs. Clause neckline was the first thing I noticed when I glanced at the picture before reading. Haha! :) SO cute, sweet friend. Merry Christmas!!