Tuesday, December 8, 2015

bits of cheer [week 2]

Happy Tuesday! Today I thought I'd join in the festive fun and share a little bit of cheer this week. 

First off, while doing my grocery shopping this week I happened to see a sweet little mug. And it happened to be on sale. And somehow, it happened to make its way home with me [don't worry, I paid for it]. There's just something to be said for a cheerful mug and one that stands out from the rest of the mugs resting in your cupboard. I don't have a ton of mugs, even though I love them, but it's nice to have a special one or two on hand to bring extra happiness your way. How does one little mug do all that? I don't know. That's the beauty and the mystery of the mug I suppose. I could go on about mugs... but I'll stop and go on to the next super cheerful bit of goodness.  


You may or may not know that I am currently on a dairy, nut, and soy free diet - in hopes of figuring out what is bothering Oliver so much. Hopefully in a week or so we will know for certain if soy and/or nuts are the reason for all of his congestion. Anyhow... since I can't eat anything and really can't even drink anything including coffee [because how can you drink plain coffee or coffee with just milk? - I sure can't] I was all kinds of excited when I discovered Nog.


I big red puffy heart love a good cup [or more] of eggnog at Christmas time. But since I can't have any of that goodness right now I gave up on the thought of even having a sip of it this year. And then I saw Nog, made with coconut milk! And it was on sale! *Cue the bells ringing and the angels singing.* So I snatched one up just to give it a try.   


In addition to the Nog, there was also Mint Chocolate coconut milk. Snap. I'm not a huge lover of chocolate, but it just looked so good, and it was something I could actually drink. Let me just say: it does not disappoint. It. is. delicious. Not too chocolatey or minty. It's the perfect blend of both. And I dare say, you wouldn't be able to tell it's not made with cow's milk. It's good stuff. It's doing wonders for my special pick me up drink in the middle of the day -which is usually coffee. You should get you one or both of these things. I'm thinking I need to go back to the store just to have some on hand for when I finish these two cartons.


Oh my goodness. They're both so yummy! Get you some. :) 


Linking up here with AlishaAmy, and Jess






*And no, this post is not an add. I just really happen to enjoy both of these products and wanted to share. Though, if So Delicious wanted to sponsor a post, I'd be more than happy to oblige :)  

2 comments:

Callie Nicole said...

I told Derek to look for the Nog for me last night, but he couldn't find it at King Soopers. :-/ I'm going to have him check Safeway! Where did you get it?

Amy said...

I love coffee mugs. They make me so happy!