Friday, December 18, 2015

nails, nog, and naps

For some reason, this week has seemed liked the slowest one ever! The days all seemed to move so sluggishly by, yet it's still hard for me to believe that it's Friday. But thank goodness it is!

one. painted nails. 
There's something about having painted fingernails that helps make me feel a little more put together. I'm not sure what it is, but it's like magic or something. I love having painted nails. Though as much as I love it, it doesn't always happen. In fact, it rarely happens. You know, with two little people to look after it's just a rare occurrence. But a few days ago I snuck away and gave myself a little manicure. Nearly a week later and it's still looking good. Maybe it could become a weekly thing? One can only hope.


two. a special treat. 
Bed time has been pretty rough this week for some reason. By the time Emerson is finally asleep it's about time for me to go to bed so I can get a little bit of sleep before Oliver wakes up. But before I climb into bed, I need some time to unwind and just be. The other night during this little unwinding time I made a special little treat and sat down for a little while before heading to bed. I don't think I can say it enough, but I'm so very thankful I found Nog. It's so good and such a special treat.


three. bad hair days. 
I feel like my hair is just having one bad hair day after another. Even if I fix it in the morning a few hours later it's a hot mess and I don't know what to do to help it look even a little less crazy. I don't really want to get another cut so soon after having just gone in, but sometimes I think it's the only thing that will help. Hopefully I figure something out soon. My hair needs help.

four. sleeping baby. 
Oliver has been sleeping pretty well at night time lately and has started taking fairly good naps too, for which I'm thankful. However, the other night he would not sleep. He refused to fall asleep and then once he did, he woke up time countless times during the night. I finally laid him beside me in bed, I was exhausted and need sleep if he wanted a nice mama. hah. Aren't sleeping babes the absolute sweetest thing?


five. home sweet home. 
This week Landon has been at a conference, so I've had the boys to myself - it makes for a long week and is probably part of the reason bed time has been rough. But tonight he comes home and we couldn't be more excited to welcome him home! Now the afternoon just needs to pass quickly so he can hurry up and get here! :)



1 comment:

Amy said...

I just told Luke that I would love to sneak away for a manicure, one that I actually had to leave the house for & not the kind that I sneak to the bathroom for 20 minutes. haha! Yours looks great! I hope Oliver keeps up the great sleep for you guys!