Friday, January 29, 2016

beauty things, dutch ovens, and the pup

Oh, Friday. I love you a lot this week.

Anyhow,

one. nail polish 
I've always enjoyed painting my nails and when my nails are painted it helps me feel a little more put together. Who knows why, but it's the truth. For the past month or so I've been able to find [make] time to do a little nail painting, and I love it. I've realized that I've become really picky about my nail polish though and I just really think that OPI is the way to go, at least for me. Maybe one day I'll share some of my favorite colors but for today I'll share just one: Small + Cute = Love. I feel like it's the perfect shade of light pink. The deep reds are festive and fun and I'm still enjoying those colors, but I needed to lighten things up a little and I was happy to find this color the other day.


found here


two. eye shadow 
For a while now I've heard a lot of hype about the Urban Decay eye shadow palette, then the other day I had a had a coupon and a gift card so I decided to give one of the shades a try. I didn't get the whole palette, I figured I'd try one color first. And truthfully, I didn't like it one bit. I thought it'd be perfect and great and I'd have finally found the perfect shade/shadow. But no. At least, not for me. I've see ads for this palette and after reading about it here today, I've decided that I'll just do a little exchange this weekend. I figure if Jess uses it and loves it, it's got to be good :) Here's to hoping it works for me.

found here

three. curling iron 
For Christmas I was given a new curling wand. My sister uses it and loves it. I love the way her curls look when she uses it. It was the perfect gift, the only trouble is, I don't know how to use it! ha! I told her today that I've tried over and over and fail every time. She has always said it's so easy [and quick] to use, so hopefully I can figure it out and master the curling iron soon. Sometimes my curls just need some help - especially at current length for my hair. She told me the next time she goes to fix her hair with it she'd FaceTime me so I can get a personal tutorial :)

found here

I feel like that's as much beauty talking as I've ever done here before. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the beauty side of things, I know enough to fix my own make up in a very simple and minimal way each day. Which is why it's not something I talk about. Ever. Except today for some reason.

four. dutch oven 
Food seems like a good way to get out of the beauty side of things. More specifically, a Dutch Oven. I feel like more and more I see/find recipes that require a dutch oven. The recipes all look so good and I find myself wishing I could make them, but I can't since don't have one [or an oven proof pot]. So right now I'm having an internal battle trying to decide if I should take the plunge and get one or if I should wait and ask for one for my birthday. Even though there's a big sale going on, plus a few coupons would mean I could snatch it up for a steal.Oh, decisions... In reality, I'll probably wait, but it's nice to think about something fun like this.
found here

five. the pup
A while back I mentioned we gave our pup to a new home. Since he's been there I've been in regular correspondence with his new person, Deb. It's nice to hear how he's doing and just know that he is being loved on and spoiled. Well, the other week Deb wrote to tell me that a spot Boady had on his back had grown to double in size, fairly quickly. She let me know that she was taking him to her vet to have it looked at. Afterwards she told me that the vet said it looked "ugly" and that he removed it [and what he removed was the size of the tip of your pinky finger!] Poor pup. She also told me that he said it had roots, which isn't something you want to hear. He sent it off for a biopsy and she said she'd let us know when she heard back. It's over a week later and we're still waiting to hear how he is doing and what the prognosis is. I know he's a pup, and he's not even living with us any more, but it breaks my heart to know that he might have cancer. I love him and have hopes of a long happy life for him. I'm praying we hear good news soon! I'd appreciate any prayers you'd say for him and Deb too.





6 comments:

Jessica (The Newly) said...

Can't wait to see what you think of the eye shadow. For such a good price, you really can't go wrong! You know, I don't have a Dutch Oven either - I do have a pot that can go into the oven, so I have used that - but I would love to have a Dutch Oven at some point too! And if you figure out a surefire way to use a curling wand, I will be all ears. I've tried one and just couldn't figure it out.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Ooooh I'm very interested in that eye shadow! I'm a drugstore cosmetic girl because I just can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on makeup. You definitely cannot beat that price! I may have to try it as well.

Amy said...

So sorry to hear about your pup! Hoping he's okay!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

I love that nail polish shade! I guess I need to do some shopping!

Laura Darling said...

I could not live without my dutch oven! THey are the best!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

I was this close to buying a very similar dutch oven from Sams. I never took the plunge and then they sold out of them.... I really should have got it!