Friday, January 22, 2016

birthday, cake, family, and freedom

Happy Friday to you! I've got things to get done and family with visit with, but I just love this little space so much and it has become a sort of therapy for me to come and write [even if it's a little bit about everything or nothing at all]. So before I go off to do those things, I thought I'd share a few little tidbits . . .

one. birthday birthday birthday 
We spent yesterday celebrating Emerson! It is so fun to see him as he grows and learns and becomes more and more of his own little person. He is such a sweet boy and I am so very thankful for him.


two. early arrival 
Due to Emerson's birthday, Landon's parents were planning on coming in to celebrate with us. They had planned to get in this evening, but due to a wintery forecast of lots of snow, they decided that instead of potentially being stuck in the snow they'd just come early. They arrived last night after the boys were in bed, so we were able to spend an extra day with them. Emerson could not be more excited!

three. cake!
I've been working hard on Emerson's birthday cake - both on recipes for the cake and frosting and on the toppers and decorations for the cake itself. I had hoped to have it finished last night, but that just didn't happen. Thankfully GiGi and Poppy were more than happy to hang out and play with the little people while I finished working on the cake. Now I just can't wait to show Emerson! I'll be sure to share with you all next week.

please excuse the harsh lighting in these pictures... 

four. mama's boy. 
Oliver has become such a mama's boy ... and I kind of love it. He's always loved me and let it be known that he prefers me over others, but lately he's all eyes for me. He watches me from across the room and any time I turn around, I see him with his eyes glued on me. It's so funny. I know one day he will be all about his daddy, but until then I plan on cherishing these sweet days.

five. bye bye "freedom" 
For the past year or so I have been borrowing a carseat from my sister. It has allowed me to get out of the house with all three kiddos [two before Oliver was born] to go to Bible study each week and to the store if we needed something [fake butter] or if there was an emergency [like the time Emerson bust his head open]. But this weekend I'm going to have to say goodbye to that carseat. My sister has asked for it back so she can use it with her little peanut. And since it is hers, I can't very well tell her I won't give it back to her. So no more Bible study [I hate that for Emerson and Bee] and no more trips out with all three, no matter how desperate I am. Oh well, right?


Anyhow, I plan on enjoying a birthday weekend with my favorite little three year old! And family too. I hope you all have a cozy weekend and enjoy snow [or no snow].


6 comments:

Stacey Schneller said...

Loved your post. My son is also a momma's boy. He's 1 1/2 years old. Will be turning two in June. Hope you enjoy your weekend. No snow here. Stopping by from the link up.

Laura said...

I sure hope you find a friend who has an extra carseat you can borrow! I know how important it is to be able to get out when you need to, especially to church. If I hadn't had carseats the 8 years I nannied, I think we would've all gone nuts. Maybe even Bee's parents have friends with an extra.

Jessica (The Newly) said...

Happy birthday again to your sweet boy! Glad to hear that you've got family in town to help celebrate:) So sorry to hear about the car seat though. Such a bummer. Is there anyone in your church that may have one that their kids have outgrown or that they aren't using that you could borrow? Also, I don't know if this is an option, but Target (and probably Walmart) carry VERY basic car seats for $50. They all have to meet the same safety regulations and stuff, these just aren't fancy at all. Would Bee's parents be willing to chip in or pay for something like that? After all, I would think it would be a necessity in the event of an emergency that you be able to transport all 3 kids safely!!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Happy birthday to that sweet little baby!!

I SO wish that you lived nearby because we actually have an old car seat that we don't know what to do with. We tried taking it to Goodwill yesterday and they don't take car seats (as I suspected), so then we tried to take it to Babies R Us to see if they recycle them and they won't take it either. I hate to just throw it away, but I suppose that's what we're going to have to do. It's probably getting close to expiring anyway, so if it is, I guess we'll probably just have to throw it out. It seems so wasteful, though!

Amy said...

So glad you got an extra day with family! Could you use Bee's car seat?

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

So much fun! I hope he had the best birthday and that the car seat situation gets worked out soon.