Monday, January 18, 2016

currently [2]


drinking // coffee with pecan caramel almond milk creamer - yum and yum. Also, ice water. Always. 

eating // "Valentine's Cake" as it was dubbed by Emerson. I've been baking a few test cake recipes before making his birthday cake. This weekend he helped make a cake and wanted sprinkles in it. We had some Valentine's Day sprinkles that he joyfully dumped in the batter. And of course, I can't help but eat it :) 

reading // "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson and "Hands Free Mama" by Rachel Macy Stafford. Ambitious, I know. And even though the reading is slow going, I can't help but read them both at the same time. 

learning // how to manage my time and home a little more wisely. 

planning // Emerson's third birthday! It will be a simple affair, but it will be oh so wonderful, and we are all very much looking forward to it [as long as we don't talk about the fact that he is going to be three!]. 

wishing // My skin didn't crack and bleed so much during the winter months. One spot that gets me? On my thumb, right where the top corner of the nail touches the skin. So strange, but it has happened a handful of times now and it is awful. 

wearing // long sleeve t-shirts, jeans, knee high socks, fleece jackets/cardigans. And also slippers. Always. 

praying // for our future. There is a lot of uncertainty right now and I'm trying to pray more than worry about it. And anytime I start to think about/worry about what our future might be, I juts start praying. The Lord has always provided, so I know He will be faithful and provide again. But oh, the trusting.... so I pray.  

enjoying // the times Oliver falls asleep and stays asleep for longer than 20 minutes. And his more regular naps and bedtime. And also his cute little kissable cheeks :) 

looking forward to // Celebrating Emerson's third birthday! 



5 comments:

Hi, I'm Susannah! said...

Can I come over for some Valentine's Day cake??? ;-)

Mrs. Southern Mama said...

I feel those same feelings - wonder/fear about the future. All I can do also is pray! He is soo faithful.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Ugh, my skin does the same thing. It's soooo unpleasant!

It is always so hard trying not to worry about every little thing, but praying definitely helps me a ton! I'll keep you my prayers. :o)

Amy said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! Can we just stop for a second & take in that Emerson is going to be 3?! How is that possible?

My hands do the same darn thing. It's so irritating.

I will pray that God shows you the way in regards to your uncertainty.

kelseylynae said...

I LOVE A Walk in the Woods. I love Bill Bryson. I can't help but laughing out loud while I read his stuff.