Wednesday, January 13, 2016

little gifts {104-128}

It has been a while since I've shared some of the little gifts I am blessed with each day. I loved doing this and sitting down to write down what these gifts are, because though they may be small and maybe not matter in the grand scheme of things, they are beautiful little blessings and some of the best gifts I could be given. Looking for and writing down what these are, though they could be considered mundane, bring more joy into my heart and help me see the grace and love of my Father more than ever. So, here goes . . .


104. Oliver's little flapping arms when he is excited about something [food, bath, a toy].

105. New slippers. Perfectly snug and cozy.

106. A friend loaning cookbooks for me to explore and try new things.

107. Trash bags and plastic gloves to clean up a crappy surprise from Bee.

108. An unexpected phone call to share some very happy news.

109. My Grandpa. The most Godly man I know. His thoughtful heart. The way he prays.

110. OPI's Small + Cute = Love

111. A picture drawn just for me by little hands while on our way to the store.

112. Planning an upcoming birthday cake for my favorite little almost three year old boy!

113. Snow.

114. Propping Oliver up in the front of the shopping cart at the store.

115. Helping Emerson put back the two dozen boxes of tea he thought we needed to buy.

116. Going out with my two little guys to Target.

117. The time Oliver laid down for bed at night and didn't wake up five minutes later. For three hours.

118. New socks.

119. Colored twinkle lights.

120. Hearing, "Pretty! Pretty! Pretty!" sung about said twinkle lights.

121. Slowly filling the pages of a new planner with new pens.

122. Our double stroller.

123. Warm hats and gloves.

124. Also, warm coats and scarves.

125. The sweet squeal of Oliver when we play peek-a-boo or when I kiss all over his squishable little body.

126. Jeans that fit.

127. When all the little munchkins nap at the same time. For longer than 20 minutes.

128. Hope for what the future holds.

 . . . . .

I could go on, but I'll stop there for now. These are just a few of the numerous gifts I am blessed with each and every day. What are some of the gifts you've been given recently?



6 comments:

Living out of Wedlock said...

You are right about new jeans! Best feeling when you find a pair that fits! I love that quite, there are so many things to be grateful for you do not even think of!

Living out of Wedlock said...

You are right about new jeans! Best feeling when you find a pair that fits! I love that quite, there are so many things to be grateful for you do not even think of!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

These are all wonderful! And amen to all of the babies napping at the same time!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

Love this list and that new slippers are on it! I just got some myself, oh so thankful indeed! It is so nice to take stock at how blessed we are.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

Such a sweet post!!! Love all your little tidbits!

Amy said...

So many perfect things! Ordinary, sure, but the most special! The socks, naps, jeans, falling snow. Have a great weekend!