Monday, February 15, 2016

a little valentine's day

Not that our weekends are usually eventful, but it seems as though it's been a while since I've shared bits from our weekend. This weekend was especially low key. We spent the bulk of it at home and I didn't even get out for our usual grocery shopping trip on Saturday morning. 


Last week Landon went out of town [again] for a conference and he got back home on Friday afternoon. It was me and the boys on our own once again. After Bee went home, I got the boys ready to go pick him up at the airport. We got coats, blankets, snacks, and everything else we usually take with us when we go out. I got the boys buckled into the car and then sent a little text to let Landon know we were headed to get him; he had arrived a few hours earlier but was waiting for us to pick him up once Bee when home. Well, I turned the key to start the car and . . . it didn't start. click, click, click. I tried a few more times, but of course, the same thing happened each time. We weren't going anywhere. I was upset because I wanted to go get Landon and get out of the house for the first time in a week. But it wasn't going to happen. I called to tell Landon we couldn't get him. Thankfully, he was at the airport so there were taxis ready and waiting outside and he was able to get one to bring him home. Since the car wouldn't start we stayed in the rest of the night and planned for Landon to get it looked at in the morning.


After breakfast on Saturday morning, Landon asked one of our neighbors to jump our car. We figured it had to be the battery, and sure enough after a bit of time he was able to get it started. He took the grocery list with him and after going to a car shop to have it looked at he stopped to pick up our groceries. The boys and I spent the morning at home and once Landon got home we watched UK play.


During nap time I had a job interview of sorts. I babysit from my home and even though some days can be a challenge, I do love that I'm able to spend my days at home and I have a great kid, Bee, that comes and plays with Emerson all day every day. He loves her. She loves him. They've been play mates and best pals since they were seven and three months old, respectively. However there is the possibly of change for this upcoming school year and I met with a new mom and her little boy on Saturday. Oh man. Change....


Sunday morning Emerson immediately found the Valentine's gifts I had put out, so before Landon was even out of bed the gifts were opened. I love his excitement for holidays and gifts, it reminds me of my own :) Then we had a quick breakfast while watching the snow fall before heading to church. I had plans to meet with a friend for coffee that afternoon, but it kept snowing and snowing [yay!] and our car is just not great in the snow, so we had to reschedule and we spent the afternoon at home. Emerson had requested a "Balemtimes" cake so I whipped it up during nap time and we waited until after a dinner of oatmeal with fruit to enjoy it. haha. Happy Valentine's Day, right? ;) We did manage to get bundled up to go play in the snow for a little bit Sunday before dinner. It didn't last long because Oliver's a nugget and Emerson thought it was too cold outside. haha. But it was a sweet way to spend the afternoon just the same. I would share pictures, but I can't upload the ones I took until I delete some off my hard drive and we all know I have a problem with that. yikes...


I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's weekend!



6 comments:

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

What a swee Balentines Day with your cuties. And now I want cake :).

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

What a swee Balentines Day with your cuties. And now I want cake :).

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Weekends spent at home are always the best weekends! Sorry your car wouldn't start... that's always such an inconvenience. But thank goodness it was just the battery and not something more serious!

I hope you guys have a great week!

Amy said...

That balentine's cake looks yummy! I'm so sorry you couldn't get out of the house. That happened to me a few weeks ago. Snacks, bags & we were loaded in the car & the same noise...click, click, click. The worst!

Hope the interview went okay!

Sparkles and Lattes said...

So sweet. That cake looks yummy!!!

Courtney said...

Ugh car troubles!! HATE THEM!!!

I have the same photo clearing problem :) I'm a hoarder of photos lol