Tuesday, February 2, 2016

a word for the year [thankful]

Yes, I realize it's February and I'm just now sharing a word for this not so new year. But, better late than never, amiright? One of the biggest reasons I'm just now sharing my word for this year, is because it took me forever to choose one. I'm not one for new years resolutions and all that jazz, I like to have a few goals to work towards for each year and maybe I'll share those once I figure out what they are, but resolutions just really aren't my thing. For some reason, choosing one word seemed a better fit for me, at least this year. After a lot of thought I chose my word for this year: 

There are so many times it's easy to let the disappointments or hardships that arise fill your heart. But, there are so many things to be thankful for. Little things - bubbles in the sink, clean babes wrapped in towels, a broom to sweep up the cheese and crackers there were thrown on the floor minutes [or days] before.... little things. I know I've been sharing an ongoing list of gifts in my life, this year I want to continue to do that - but more so. I also want to live it out more in the day to day. 

Instead of thinking about how board or lonely I am for company and conversation - I want to be thankful for the days I have at home with my little people. I want to be thankful for each grin, roll, hug, fit, book, mess of toys . . . be thankful for everything. 

God has blessed me beyond measure and too often I take those blessings for granted. This year I want to truly seek Him with a grateful heart and give thanks with full heart for all that He has blessed me with. I know there are days this will be a challenge and it will be difficult to praise and thank Him when Bee is throwing fit #17 of the hour, or when Emerson is in tears -again- because his pants have a zipper on them and he doesn't want a zipper on his pants, or when Oliver if fighting sleep because -well, because he's a baby and that's what babies do. But, there is still so much to be thankful for. 

This year, I am going to Give Thanks in the small and big things. In the hard times and in the good times. 

What about you? Did you pick a word for this year? Resolutions? Goals? I'd love to hear them! 



3 comments:

Amy said...

Hannah, this is great! I love the word you chose. You'd think being thankful is an easy task, but I think to really be thankful, you must really feel it in your heart & not just say it. I'm not sure if that even makes sense or is coming out as I want it to. :) love reading your posts! They always make me stop & think!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

It's never to late. I just love the word you chose. We could all benefit from taking more time to be thankful.

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

It's never to late. I just love the word you chose. We could all benefit from taking more time to be thankful.