Friday, February 19, 2016

coffee, cookies, and yarn.

one. a coffee date
Last week I had plans to meet with one of the girls from my Bible study discussion group for coffee. But, then it snowed and plans changed. We decided to try again for tomorrow and hope for better weather. Only now, instead of a coffee date, it's turned into lunch. I'm not sure I remember the last time I met with someone of lunch free of children [or with children for that matter]. It will be really good to actually get a chance to talk with her outside of our group and get to know her better - and to eat a meal without getting up 37 times to get "somtin eldse" for certain little people I know or cut up their food for them. The last time I ate without helping someone? I really don't remember.

two. an afghan 
Recently I've been working on a baby afghan for a friend who just had her baby. It's a simple pattern and I'm not going to make the afghan too big, so it's a quick and fun project for me to work on. Right. The only problem? I keep falling asleep while working on it. Who does that?! I just want to work on it for a little chunk of time each day [after the boys go down for the night's really the only time I can], but then I'm just so tired I can hardly make one or two rows. Also, I'm not sure what it is, but I have a love affair with multi-colored yarn. It's my favorite to work with and I try and find a reason to use it every single time. Is that bad?


three.  a cookie date
This weekend I have a cookie date with big plans to finally try my hand at royal icing. I'm just a tad excited. I've always wanted to try it, and figured I ought to just finally give it a go. Here's to hoping they aren't a total flop. 


four. nap time
Today nap time has come to an early end, so so must this. Devastating news, I know. So I'm going to call it good and wish you all a happy weekend! 





3 comments:

runwright said...

Those are beautiful cookies. I like to cook but I'm definitely not a cake or cookie decorator. I just admire the work and enjoy eating them :-)
I found you via the link-up. Great to meet you and I'll check out your blog and social media too.
http://runwright.net

Amy said...

Hope you enjoyed your lunch date! You deserve it! Can't wait to see how your cookies turned out. I've always wanted to try that!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

Are you a knitter or a crocheter?! I used to do both but don't have much time for that now days :(.