Wednesday, February 3, 2016

snow play

Once in a while I remember to take pictures of things we do during the day. And even less often than that, I remember to do something with them. I have a bunch of pictures, but never share them/use them. This year, I'm going to try to change that and actually share them - if only for my sake. Thus this post...

A week or so ago, it snowed a little bit. I'm still holding out hope that we'll get one big snow before winter is over. Like, a foot at least. It's happened every other year we've been here and I'd love for that to happen again. But as I was saying, it snowed. And even a little bit of snow is cause for celebration - or snow play. 


Thankfully the morning of the snow Bee's dad thought to bring her snow suit and such, just in case I decided to take them out to play. I wasn't planning on taking them out, it's an ordeal. But, that morning after Oliver went down for his nap, I told them if they cleaned up the playroom we could go play outside in the snow! They were all over it and in less than two minutes all the toys and books were put away [I know they can do it, why can't they just clean up every time like that?].


We stomped up the stairs and then, one at at time, I bundled them up. Jackets, snow pants, boots, mittens, coats, hats, scarves. I threw on my own stuff and we trekked outside for a little adventure in the snow.


It was basically the best morning ever. We were outside! We were playing in the snow! They could run and be free!


Occasionally I would ask them if they were ready to come back inside, but each time they said, "No!" and ran off.


What is it about little people all bundled up that is absolutely adorable? I can hardly stand the cuteness that is a tiny nugget or little munchkin with layers and layers on: hats, mittens, and boots, waddling through the snow. It just makes my heart happy.


 Oh the hats. I love them. They are my greatest weakness.


After we had been outside long enough to get nice and frozen, we stomped the snow off our boots and came inside for some hot chocolate and a little snack.  


And the next morning, when Oliver went down for his nap, we did the same thing. I feel like it's really only worth it to play outside in the winter months if there's snow on the ground. Call me crazy. There is something just a tad magical about playing in the snow. I love it. 




2 comments:

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Your bundled up babes are the cutest! I keep hoping for snow this year, but it rarely happens here. Fingers crossed, though, because you're right, it IS so magical playing in it!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

Adorable pictures! XOXO