Thursday, February 11, 2016

some confessions.

This Thursday I thought it'd be fun to join my sweet friend Jess for her new link up. I just have to say, the picture on her button has me all kinds of excited for Spring and flowers and warmer days.


- if I could get away with eating [and feeding Emerson] cereal for every meal of the day, I would. Cereal is good, quick, and easy. I especially like how little effort it requires.

- geese scare me to no end.

- sometimes I look at houses available on the market, even though I know we aren't moving any time soon [and don't even know where we're moving to when it comes time to move]. And sometimes, I happen to fall in love with a house and wish we could move. right. now.

- I'm really bad about remembering to wash our towels on a regular basis. One day? One week? More? We're clean when we use them, right?

- every now and then, after laying Oliver down for a nap, I'm tempted to stay upstairs for just a little bit longer than I need to, just because I don't want to deal with the little people.

- dinner time comes super early so bedtime can get here sooner. Emerson in bed at 7? Yes, please.


- I wish I could bake goods [cookies, cakes, breads] from my home and sell them to people as a source of income. Buy my cookies and cakes, people.

- when I'm fixing dinner, I wish we lived next door [or within minutes] of Landon's parents/family so they could entertain the boys while I cook. Hearing your baby scream while you have your hands covered in raw chicken salmonella is not my idea of a nice evening.

- the pictures on my computer need to be backed up, yet it's something I put off and off . . .

- exercise is lacking in my life [and has been for a while now]. Once I was able to wear my pre pregnancy clothes I kind of stopped caring as much. But, the abs really need work. Finding the motivation to actually do some crunches [or something] is so difficult though.

- this is the first time I've actually watched The Bachelor, and I must say, I like it and all the drama. Now I get what my friends were always talking about. The drama. The girls. Oh the fun. haha. I
never realized what I was missing out on until now.

 . . .

We'll call that good for today ;) You can link up with Jess here if you want to share some of your confessions. Or in the comments - I'd love to hear what some of yours are.



11 comments:

Jess -Little Bits of Joy Blog said...

So true about the chicken comment!!! Why do kids MELTDOWN right as you are cooking dinner???? One of the mysteries of the universe!!!

A Little NW Charm said...

I could relate to just about every one of those! I literally laughed out loud especially in the house one....if only I could move as often as I found a super cute house! PS. Send me some cookies....my fitness level and workout schedule is non-existent these days....
Kate :: A Little NW Charm

Sparkles and Lattes said...

I relate so much to this. Right now we tend to eat after the girls go to bed because they get crazy if they aren't asleep by 6:30 ish. If we go out to dinner on the way home from work, we are all good. Otherwise they get cheerios, chicken or something easy when we get home and then I cook after they go to bed.

Courtney said...

I am pretty much nodding my YES to all of these! lol!

Oh- and instead of towels, it's our sheets. When is the last time I washed those? Couldn't tell ya.

Vanessa said...

Yes to all of it! I don't even know how long it's been since I've backed up my photos. I know I need to, but it's so NOT fun! So glad you're watching the Bachelor this season...it's a good one for sure!!!

Christina Lea Loves said...

Eeek - our towels and sheets - I'm the worst! Isn't the bachelor great?!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Oh girl - seriously about the chicken!! I just don't understand why somebody has to get hurt, have a meltdown, or try to do something that will get them killed every single time I'm handling the raw chicken! It happens all the time! I am seriously cracking up about this because I just had this very conversation with my husband about it the other night and he thought I was crazy. I'm SO telling him about your post. Lol.

Erica - Second House on the Right said...

Backing up photos, whaaat? Ha. I scroll thru house listings everyday...it's a favorite past time!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

Exercise is lacking here, too. I need some motivation! Also, cooking dinner is the worst time of day. My kids are always bickering by that point!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

I put of backing up my photos for over a year recently, ooopppss!!! We eat pretty early too, some of our friends make fun of us for it. Oh well! I like having the down time in the evening!

Amy said...

Luke has to back up our photos, too! Like yesterday. Haha! Oh the dinner struggle. Luke us home most days for when it comes time for me to cook, but in those days when he isn't...ugh. I normally love the Bachelor, but this season I just haven't been Able to get into it. I think the girls are too young this time around. I have to remember to link up this week!