Thursday, March 24, 2016

confession session



Today I thought I'd link up with Jess again, so I'll just get straight to it...

I confess . . . 

- I have a problem when it comes to moving Oliver into the next size clothing. He doesn't fit in 3 month clothing any more? Denial. He's getting too big for his 6 month sleepers? Can't be. So I stuff his poor sweet little body into clothes that I know I should be packing up for storage instead of dressing him in. But last night I realized the boy really needs some proper fitting sleepers. I ought to get on that.

- I had a similar problem with Emerson when he was a little nugget.

- The terrible threes have come to stay at our house a while. oh.my.goodness. Please send help.

- Online shopping is pretty great. I've done it here and there, and a lot more recently, but I'm pretty certain it's going to be the only way I'll be able to shop ever again - for me, for the boys, for Landon. Doesn't matter. The days of inshore shopping are basically over.

- It doesn't bother me too much that my shopping will always and forever have to be done online.

- Landon's birthday was on Tuesday and we haven't really celebrated in true birthday celebration form. His birthday festivities began a few days before his birthday and are still going strong. Just sprinkling out the presents and cake this year.

- Sometimes I'm envious that Landon gets to leave the house. It doesn't matter if it's for work or to go to the gym. Not that I want to do what he is doing, I just want a little escape every now and then.

- I wish we lived closer to family.

- Way back in January or December I mentioned that I ought to start doing ab exercises. Landon was so excited and has been pestering me [with love and jest] about it ever since. Last night he started doing crunches while I sat on the couch reading. Which of course made me feel so guilty. So last night I did abs, and holy cow. I think I'm broken now.

- I hope I can start a new habit of working on my abs, they really need help.

- Sometimes I fill baskets with goodies online and never actually purchase any of it. Most of the time I never buy it. But it's fun to look.

- I agreed to start watching a little boy in May. That's four little people and one me. Four to one. And yes, I know there are lots of mamas out there with four or more littles - how do you do it?! The thought is stressing me out!

- It's been a few years since I've gotten a good bathing suit that fits just right. I'm on the look out for the perfect one this year. So far, this one has caught my eye. Suggestions? I've always liked my belly to be covered, and I'm sticking with that even more now.


Happy Thursday to you!






2 comments:

Jessica (The Newly) said...

I like that bathing suit that you found! Target for the win again - and especially while it's buy one get one 50% off! Girl, I agree with you on SO many of these things. Caleb will be 3 in less than 2 months, and I can already tell we are going to be in for some tough times ahead. Yeesh. Threenagers for sure. And although I love - and am so thankful to be able to - stay at home with my kiddos, I definitely get a little jealous of B's ability to drive to and from work alone and get plenty of time to just relax and be in his own head for a bit with no one screaming or crying or whining for something. Sounds glorious to me! One day, I hope to be able to shop in stores again, but for now, shopping online is just the easiest way to get things done!

Amy said...

That suit is darling! I love it!

I get jealous of Luke, too. I had a girlfriend over yesterday & we were talking about the same exact thing! :)

I'm so glad that we are almost out of the 3's! I feel your pain!