Wednesday, March 2, 2016

little gifts [217 - 241]

After what feels like the longest week ever, I thought today would be the most appropriate day to share some current blessings in my life. This past week has been such a trying and exhausting week, and when the days and nights just blend together it can be more difficult to find those little blessings. But when I stop, for even a minute or two, to think about all of gifts we've been given this past week, there is an abundance of them. One big one being you all! Thank you so much for your sweet words of encouragement and for every prayer you have prayed on our behalf, it means so very much to me.


217. two sweet little boys that I get to love on day in and day out

218. doctors, nurses, hospitals, the emergency room, pharmacists

219. IVs, medicine, lab work, and answers

220. holding my baby against me when he's so exhausted but still can't sleep

221. having a good breast pump

222. a damp diaper after a day and a half of none

223. a few more slightly damp diapers

224. towels and washcloths that are good for quick mopping jobs of rejected food and medicine on the kitchen floor

225. laying down without a little nugget on top of me

226. finally seeing a spark in Oliver's eyes again

227. friends who offer to spend their mornings with Emerson

228. a husband who pulls more than his usual share of house and kid duties

229. Oliver nursing again and taking fluids for the first time in days

230. the little stinker sitting up while being rocked to sleep, looking from me to Landon, tilting his head, and grinning the biggest, cutest, little guilty grin ever

231. sleep after too long without

232. handkerchiefs tied around my face, keeping sickly smells faint

233. a working washing machine and dryer

234. an outing to somewhere other than the hospital or doctor's office

235. Spring finds in the Dollar Spot

236. laying Oliver down to sleep in his crib

237. prayers and encouragement from friends and family

238. for good health in general

239. tears rolling from Oliver's eyes

240. cuddles for days with Oliver

241. all the bright and light things of Spring



Some of the sweetest gifts around. What are some for you?



3 comments:

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

I've been thinking of you guys! I hope that Oliver is doing better!

Amy said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Oliver is on the mend. I've been thinking about you guys! Hopefully, some warmer weather is on its way to you, so you are all able to get outside & some fresh air!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

I always love your lists. All wonderful gifts! XOXO
I really hope Oliver is feeling better!