Thursday, April 7, 2016

more confessions

What a day, what a week. My oh my. I have a few posts I'm working on, but things keep coming up and I haven't been able to finish them yet. So today I thought I'd share a few confessions with Jess and hopefully share the other posts next week.


I confess . . . 

- every day when the littles [are supposed to] nap, I use that time to refresh, rest, and enjoy the peaceful quiet that comes when three littles munchkins are sleeping [aka: blog, write, read, browse the internet]. And on the days they don't all nap? I am not such a happy mama and struggle to make it to dinner and then bed time.

- today is one of the no napping days. Emerson keeps jumping out of his bed, has needed a diaper change - twice, and Oliver is on the verge of waking up after only 30 or so minutes of sleeping. Poor nugget.

- I am struggling to find joy right now.

- Landon and I need to go on a date, but I have yet to call a babysitter... so yeah.

- for a while I've been considering making a few changes to this blog. We'll see if/when that happens.

- sometimes I buy books from the store, read them, and then return them when I'm finished.

- I wish dinner could be from a crock pot every night. Or take out. Or something not made by me.

- my nursing bras are getting the best of me - I hate to buy a new one [or two] when I'm so close to being done with nursing, but I'm not sure I can survive a few more months in an ill fitting nursing bra.

- if you ever want or need someone to talk to - I'm your gal and I will listen for as long as you want to talk for.

- the above can also be a great fault, I can't end or leave a conversation. I feel so rude doing it. Even with a sick baby and a toddler who is up way past his bed time. Example: our small group is at night and it's wonderful, but it sometimes goes late and even though it's hours past the boy's bed time, they are sick, or we just need to go, I can't leave.

- I'm also a really great secret keeper.

- most of the pictures I share on Instagram - aren't instant.

- I really value this blogging community and all of the friendships I've made through it.


I'll stop there for today. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!



5 comments:

Sparkles and Lattes said...

I love how honest these are. A lot of my IG posts aren't instant either. I have to post them at odd time when my girls are napping or sleeping for the night. Sometimes on break at work. You should definitely schedule a date night. It will be good for your soul!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Sorry you had a tough day, Hannah. Days without naps are the worst! Brian and I are always talking about going on date nights and then don't ever call a sitter so we end up talking about it for weeks and weeks before it finally happens. Last month I finally decided that it was time and I lined up baby-sitters for three nights in April. THREE. We haven't been on that many dates in one month in five years. Haha. We barely went on five dates during the whole year last year! But anyway, you should do it. Get a baby-sitter and y'all go out alone together! It will be so good for your soul!

Courtney said...

I don't think anyone's IG pictures are instant anymore :)

Sorry you've had such a rough time of it lately.

I spend my naptimes being refreshed too. It's my concentrated blog/social media time. I definitely need it!

Jessica (The Newly) said...

I think we all hit those patches where joy can be a little elusive. And that's ok sometimes, as I think it makes us appreciate the joy when we do find it. But it's still not easy when we are in those valleys. Thinking of you sweet friend! And a lot of times I take a pic to put on IG, then totally forget about it and post it hours later - so no worries, you are not alone on that:)

Amy said...

Sorry for the long days & sickie babies. That is no fun!

You are definitely not alone on the "instant" part of Instagram. Haha!