Thursday, May 12, 2016

a few confessions

It's been few weeks since I've done any confessing, and today just feels like a confessing kind of day. So, here we go I confess . . . 

- I hate when Landon it gone for trips, but one thing I don't mind so much about his absence? That when I go to take a shower, I don't have to move the shower head down so it doesn't spray me right in the face.

- No matter how many times I kiss Oliver's face while I'm rocking him, I have to kiss his sweet little baby soft cheek one last time right before I lay him down. Always.

- I can't go to bed at night unless the kitchen is clean up. This works fine most nights, but on the rare night I have to rush the boys upstairs after dinner for baths and bed time, then forget about the dirty kitchen until I go in to get water right before I'm ready to go to bed, it's not so good.

- Usually I try to pay our bills right away, but sometimes they just sit on my desk for a while. I pay them eventually [and on time] but why can't I just make myself pay them right away?

- I'm ready to move into a house with 3 or more bedrooms so Oliver can actually have his own room and not have his toys in our room. Basically, I just want our room to be a toy free zone. One day. Though I do love what the toys represent so I really can't complain too much.

- I have racked my brain and creative juices and am coming to a wits end - Emerson will not poop on the potty! Help!

- A few months ago Landon suggested I make an afghan for one of his advisor's new baby. I thought that was a great idea and started working on it. We're seeing her tomorrow and the afghan still isn't quite done! Yikes!

- Pretty much every time I sit down and work on the afghan, I start to fall asleep. How does one fall asleep while crocheting? I have no idea, but this happens to me every.single.time.

- Oliver's birthday is in less than a months [crazy!] and I have no idea what theme I'll be working around for his cake. That means I'm just in denial that my baby will be one, right?

- I'm super picky about what kind of floss I use. I try to floss every night, though it doesn't always happen, but it can't be any old kind of floss. It must be the kind in the round dispenser. I don't know why. If I'm in a bind, I'll make do with another kind, but this is the only one for me. I just hope they never stop making it.

- The other day I got some dairy free ice-cream to try. And it was good. But, while eating a little cup of it, I discovered that I'm not a lover of ice cream any more. It has nothing to do with the fact that it was dairy free, you couldn't even tell the difference, it's just that it just "eh, ice cream". I can eat it, sure, but I'd rather not. ...I guess that's a good problem to have.

Anyhow, I'll stop there for now! Happy Friday's Eve to you.



I'm linking up here today. 









2 comments:

Sparkles and Lattes said...

Ok you need to check out Lindsay's Sweet World Blog because her son wouldn't poop in the toilet either. She tried everything and a party is what worked for her. It is a funny and great post. You have to check it out.

I can't go to bed with dishes in the sink either. It bothers me and I get up and go clean them if there are any left.

Thanks for linking up today!

Jessica (The Newly) said...

Dishes in the sink and unmade beds are my absolute nemesis. I am so OCD about beds, I am almost willing to make the bed no matter what time of day it is so that I can unmake it before bedtime. Otherwise, it just doesn't feel right. Weird, I know, lol!

Caleb was struggling with pooping on the potty until about two weeks ago. He would go in his pants every. single. day. He had no trouble peeing whatsoever, but the poo thing was driving me crazy. I was so, so frustrated. Then, suddenly, it was like something just clicked, and now he goes poop on the potty every day. The thing that seemed to work for us - and which sounds really simple - was putting him on the potty every day around the time he usually went in his pants (which was the morning). He would scream and cry for a few minutes, but then eventually he would go --- and at some point, he stopped the crying, and now he just goes. He even tells us when he needs to go now. It's a complete 180. And I am so proud of him because he's not even 3 yet, and lots of my friends told me to not even stress about it until after 3. Emerson will get it, mama. Don't you worry! It will be like a lightbulb for him one day too. Just be as consistent as possible with him and don't be too hard on yourself!

And goodness. I cannot believe that Owen is going to be one. So big! The time is flying!