Thursday, May 19, 2016

a few confessions

Happy Thursday! I thought I'd join in for some confessions again today, so I'll get right to it.



I confess . . . 

- As much as I love sleep and my bed, as hard as can be to wake up early enough to allow ample time to get ready and maybe do my quiet time before the boys wake in the morning, I love the times I do get out of bed early. I love the quiet and still of the morning. I love being completely ready and having plenty of quiet time before anyone else is awake. ...now if only I could make it a daily habit.

- It's probably time I invest in a second pair of jeans. I wear mine every single day and I'm sure they could use a little break every now and then.

- Bee is coming an hour early today and I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Since she's coming so early, the boys are both still sleeping [yay!] - at an hour they are usually already running around the house like wild men [boo]. And there's no sign of them waking anytime soon. It's one thing for Bee to arrive early, but it's an entirely different thing for her to be here while the boys are still sleeping. ugh. Though, I predicted this very thing happening.

- There is only one more week left of babysitting and I am so very excited!

- Every morning I look forward to breakfast but am too lazy to make steel cut oats, one of my favorites.

- We're going to the beach shortly after Oliver turns one and I've had plans all along to wean him by his birthday. Recently though, I've started debating waiting on that because it would be nice to enjoy the beach and our time away from home without having a certain little monthly visitor come back. Also, that boy is showing no signs of being ready to be completely weaned. What to do.

- I'm trying to figure out a way to bring my sewing machine out of the basement so I can work on projects during nap time [since Bee naps in the basement] and after the boys are in bed for the night without feeling like I'm trapped in a dungeon. I really hate basements. I'm sure I could make space for it somewhere in our room? Maybe...


I'm linking up here and here today.

7 comments:

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Girl, go get you a second pair of jeans! Although, if you're anything like me, you'll rarely wear them because you'll always go back to that first wonderful comfy original pair that you love so much. :o)

Amy said...

I love the still of the morning. Luke gets up at 4AM (he has to be to work at 5), I get up at 4:30, see him for a few minutes & I usually have a solid hour of alone time. :)

Sparkles and Lattes said...

I love my little bit of alone time in the morning. Time to think, get things ready and not have crazy toddlers around. And you should definitely get another pair of jeans. I only have two that I really wear now and love one more than the other. Can you find another pair of the jeans you love?

Jessica (The Newly) said...

Definitely agree that you need a second pair of jeans! Old Navy is having a 40% off sale online today - and FREE shipping off any amount, so it may be worth looking:) I really need to get in the habit of getting up early. My spiritual life has really suffered because once the kids are up, it's really hard for me to find time to invest into delving into my bible and really soaking up the word. I also like being ready for the day before the kids are up and raring to go - it just makes me feel more productive and less rushed when I have that time to myself. I guess it's a discipline thing - we will just have to train ourselves to do it, right??? We can!!!

Oh, and totally agree with you. Basements are scary and I've never liked them. Ours isn't too bad, but it's still a basement and I hate that our washer and dryer (which are brand spanking new) are both down there where I feel like I can't even enjoy them. Sigh.

Courtney said...

Still no period!!? That's amazing! Mine showed up at 9 months pp almost to the day with both girls, regardless of how frequently they were nursing. It seems to be completely back to business as usual in that department nursing or not.

I was ready to wean A by her first birthday(we were totally done by 13 months) but with ME I've had high hopes of doing extended breasfeeding. So far it's looking like we might be able to do that!

LMW said...

Get the jeans! You deserve them. And wow, amen on the no period, mine came back after 2 months.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It is so hard to part with those comfy jeans! I have a few pairs, but I always turn to the same ones!