Thursday, May 26, 2016

a few confessions

This week has not gone like I had hoped it would. Not that anything bad has happened, it's mostly been tasks I've not finished by when I was hoping to. So I just keep working on them as I can and trying to be content with just that. Anyhow, I thought I'd join and share some confessions this week. 




I confess . . .

- today is my last day of babysitting Bee. It's such a bittersweet change. We're used to her being gone during the summer, but seeing her in the Fall. This time though, she's not coming back and that is sad. Every morning Emerson asks if she's coming and he loves playing with her. They play so well together that it makes my job easy. I know we'll never find another Bee and that makes me sad. Sure, it's exciting to think about days with just the boys, but it's also really sad. Emerson's best playmate isn't going to be coming to play anymore.

- I'm not sure if I'm going to babysit another baby in the Fall or if we're just going to make do without me babysitting. There might be the potential for me to watch another little 1 1/2 year old girl, but I don't know. 

- I didn't expect I'd be this sad about Bee's last day. She's just worked her way deep into our lives and hearts, that I don't know what we'll do without her! 

- dinner is the last thing I want to fix at the end of the day. I wish I could have a magic wand I could wave that would fix whatever meal I wanted. But nope, that "wand" is me and it's feeling a little worn down. 

- Emerson pooped on the potty! More than once! He's not doing it every day, but when he does, he's so excited about it [and so am I]. Hopefully that [and that fact he's done it] will help him go on the regular.

- this is our last week as a one car family .... and I'm so very excited! 

- family has been asking what Oliver wants for his birthday and I don't know what to tell them! I don't even know what to get him for his birthday. Ideas and suggestions for a gifts for a one year old would be most welcome! 

- I started watching "The Bachelorette" on Tuesday afternoon. I'm still not done. 

- every day brings us closer to Oliver's first birthday, and I have still not printed a single picture of him or our family of four. eeek. 

That's all for today. I'm linking up here and here





6 comments:

Ashley Brickner said...

Haha - don't be guilty - I need to print photos too AND I haven't even started watching the bachelorette! ;)

Sparkles and Lattes said...

Sometimes it takes me awhile to watch shows too. Just too busy and especially when the show was 2 hours long. I don't have suggestions for boy birthday ideas. I struggle with my girls. Most days I don't want to make dinner either. On weekends it is easier since I have more time, but weeknights I feel like I get home, make the girls dinner, walks, bath time, play time, bed time for them and then I have to make dinner for us. It is a struggle.

Jessica (The Newly) said...

Yay, go Emerson, go! He will be doing it daily in no time, mama! It took Caleb a couple of weeks of trying/accidents/getting upset and then it just "clicked" and now he's doing GREAT! So stay positive - Emerson is almost there! And not having to clean poopy toddler diapers is the best!

As far as to do lists go, I feel you! I have a running list and instead of dwindling, it just seems to keep growing. So disheartening:( We need to give ourselves grace and just accept that we won't always be able to do what we'd hoped with small kiddos around all the time. And if you find the magic wand that makes dinner, send me one too. I am OVER dinner duties!!!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Congratulations on not being a one car family any more!! I know that you are so relieved! I hope that you guys have a wonderful three day weekend!

Amy said...

Hopefully, you'll still be able to have playdates with Bee & her Mom now that she will be staying home, too.

What type of car are you looking getting? I know you must be so excited!

Susannah said...

I haven't been to your blog for a while but I LOVE your new name and design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3