Thursday, June 9, 2016

a few confessions

Some times the best of intentions can get you. I've had thoughts about some posts I'd like to share, but then when the time comes for me to sit down and write them, it just doesn't happen. Either one [or both] of the boys aren't napping and if it isn't quiet, I just can't write. And then at night I get tired or distracted by the dishes or just want to sit and do nothing. But I've decided not to worry about it and just get a post up as often as I can, which I'm hoping will be three times a week if not more. A few weeks ago I got in a little slump and I have yet to climb out of it. For today I thought I'd share a few confessions because my brain is a little fuzzy from life stuff. So here we go... 


I confess . . . 

- Oliver's first birthday is tomorrow [how is this possible?!] and I have a lot  of work to do on his cake before it's ready for his big day. 

- I like to blame the amount of work I still have to do on his cake on the fact that I'm in denial that he is actually turning one. 

- in reality, it's probably not denial, just procrastination and business with other things. 

- I'm ready to wean him completely. It will still be a week or so before he's completely weaned, but we're getting so close and it's kind of exciting to think about having my body back to me and wearing regular bras again. 

- we've been going on walks in the morning and ending up at the skate park in our neighborhood. We stay and play for an hour or so and I love it. The boys run/crawl around and get lots of energy out and we get to enjoy the pretty morning weather. 

- shorts are probably my least favorite thing to wear, but I've been wearing them nearly every day for the past two weeks or so. And they're kind of growing on me. Probably because they're great for chasing two little boys around in, they stay on, they can't be pulled down or waved around by little hands, and they are much cooler than crops or jeans [obviously]. Plus, I figure if I wear them enough I might be able to get a little color on my legs, which would be nice.

- the other day Emerson napped for four hours and Oliver for three and a half hours. And it was beautiful. And I pray they do that every day forever and always. 

- I had a few errands to run the other day, so as soon as the boys woke up from their shorter than usual naps, we headed out. Three stops took us all afternoon and we barely made it home in time for dinner. 

- Courtney is doing an "as is home tour" on Instagram this week, and I love that idea. But, so far have been too lazy to actually take pictures of my house to participate. haha. Maybe I'll be able to snap a bunch of pictures over the weekend and share next week. 

- for the life of me, I cannot stand to lay out in the sun unless there is a pool or ocean nearby. I just get too hot too fast and can't stand being hot. The only thing that makes it bearable, is if I can jump into a pool full of cool water. 



I'll leave it there for today, I've got a cake to work on! 





2 comments:

Sparkles and Lattes said...

Awesome that your boys took such long naps. Makes getting things done so much easier. It is hard when our babies turn 1. It is hard to admit that they are getting bigger and older. I don't like wearing shorts much either, but I am trying to wear them more often. I need the color on my legs too!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Ah weaning, so bittersweet! I remember being ecstatic when I finally had my body back, but I still do miss it so much. And how wonderful that you were able to go this long! That's awesome!