Friday, June 10, 2016

ONE

Happy Birthday, Oliver! You are such a sweet boy and I am so very glad we are celebrating one year of you today! 


Last night before I laid you down for the night I held you a little bit longer, gave you more kisses than I usually do, prayed more prayers over you and your little life, held your hand tight in mine, and thanked the Lord for giving us the gift of you. You truly are a gift, Oliver and I love every single second I have with you. 


You're curious, determined, content, cheerful, demanding at times, but always loving. You love for me to hold you, to give me big sloppy slobbery kisses, you love pulling my hair, and you give me the sweetest little pats. You are full of life and I'm so very thankful for the life you share with us.


It seems like just yesterday we were getting ready to meet you. I remember every moment of the day before you were born so vividly. The day I got to hold you for the first time in my arms will forever be etched in my memory, as will the first time I saw you, finally holding you in my arms, kissing your newborn baby soft checks, hearing your tiny wail fill the operating room.


Right after you were born, I waited what seemed like an eternity to hold you while the doctors and nurses cleaned you off, and tried to get the excess fluid out of your lungs. When you were finally placed in my arms, you fit perfectly and life has never been the same. I didn't get to hold you for long and you were whisked away to the NICU for some extra care and supervision. Those first five hours without you seemed to last an eternity, but in the grand scheme of things I know it was nothing was just thankful you were able to leave the NICU when you did.


Every day I praise God for the life He created in you and every day I pray that you love, obey, seek, and serve Him. Always. Seek Christ, Oliver, He will direct you and keep you. If there is one thing I want you to know, it's that. Christ loves you more than I ever can and he will keep you in His great care. Just seek Him. It won't always be easy, but it will always be worth it. You are His beautiful creation and I'm just blessed to be able to be your Mama.


I love you something fierce, Oliver. You are a joy and I'm so glad you have made our family more complete. Thank you for letting me love on you each and every day.

Love,
Mama



2 comments:

Sparkles and Lattes said...

Awe Happy Birthday sweet boy. Such a great little recap and message to him.

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Oh my word, I can't believe he's one! Happiest of birthdays, sweet boy!