Friday, July 22, 2016

friday musings

Happy Friday, ladies! Let's get right to it shall we?

one. $2.98 
On Sunday I wanted to get out of the house by myself. I had been with the boys 24/7 [as always] and needed a break. Landon was working from home that day so he was fine with me going during their nap time. Well, lo and behold, a certain little mister Oliver woke a little earlier than I would have liked, so while I didn't get to leave the house by myself, I at least only had the smallest nugget to tote around with me. He's a pretty good little buddy so I was happy to take him to the store. As nice as a solo trip would have been, taking just one nugget [and the baby who doesn't talk at that] felt like a vacation. We wandered the aisles together and he sat happily in the cart babbling and trying to get his hands on whatever he could. I was in need of a new bra so I picked a few to try on - babies change ya, man - and while I was browsing I found some cute little bras for $2.98. Um, yes, please! I looked for my size in any and all of the colors they had marked down for that low, but they ended up only having what I needed in one of the prints, so I got two of them. While I was hoping to find more I didn't and was only a little bummed about that since, well, I managed to pick up two new bras for $2.98. snap. And I had just been contemplating going to Victoria's Secret to look at their selection but decided I couldn't justify spending that much on a bra. When I found this steal, I was even more pumped that I chose Target. Forever and always.

two. 5:33
This week I've been getting up at 5:33 in hopes of having some quiet time before the boys wake up. I have so much enjoyed the calm and quiet of starting my day before the boys wake and feeling ready once they do get up. I do my quiet time, have a cup of coffee, and most mornings am able to blog. It makes me feel good and productive and frees up time I would otherwise use in the afternoons for that. I'm still figuring out what time the boys wake in the morning, but have been keeping it in my planner so I can see their sleep wake pattern. Hopefully it stays like it has been the past few mornings - it's nice!

here [original source unknown]

three. afghans
After the boys have gone to bed at night, I've been working on an afghan. I pulled out some yarn the other day that I had left over from another project I was working on and decided to put my hands to work. It's mindless and relaxing and it's nice to feel like I'm doing something while watching a show at the end of the day. I need to get a little more yarn to complete the project, but it's still nice to feel the yard work through my fingers. While I feel like I should pick a new pattern to make, I'm sticking with the tried and true one I made for both boys. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit? I like what I know? I'm too lazy to try a new pattern? The one I'm working now is just simple and mindless which is why I like it and I think it looks so pretty. If you have any crochet patterns you like let me know, I am open to trying new ones.


four. hot hot hot
The other day I took the boys for our daily morning walk to the park. We left around 9 or so and when we started out there was a very soft breeze. By the time we got to the park, I was melting. But because we were there I stayed for all of four minutes so Emerson could run around a little bit. We didn't last much longer because I decided I didn't want to be a puddle and we headed home for the cool of air conditioning. Today is supposed to be even hotter, so hot that I don't even want to take the boys to the pool. Even though we'd be at the pool, there is little shade and I just hate the heat. So, I think we'll just stay in and call it good. Also, all you preggo mamas out there - you are amazing! I can't imagine being pregnant in this heat [wait, I can, and it is not a happy thought!].


five. happy weekend
I hear the boys stirring so I'll stop here for today. I hope you all have a happy weekend and manage to find a way to stay cool if it's hot in your neck of the woods!


2 comments:

Klein Dot Co said...

Loving that mug! Also, you are making me want to bust out my crochet needle!! Alas, I do just one stitch and make scarves, lol, I'm of no help!

Laura Darling said...

Those yarn colors are so beautiful!! And the mug is great. Glad you've been enjoying your early morning quiet time!