Tuesday, July 12, 2016

the time we got to visit my sister's house

While we were on our big trip a few weeks ago, we were able to spend quite a bit of time with my sister and her kids one morning. She and her husband had recently moved to Landon's hometown, which is where her in-laws also live, so we were able to drive over after breakfast one morning for a little visit. They are working on fixing up a farmhouse and have already do so much to make it look amazing. They've done a ton of painting and other bigger fixer up jobs and it has become a cozy little home for them. 


It was so nice to see her and her sweet kids and just spend the morning visiting. Emerson has seen and played with his cousins before, but this time he loved playing with his cousin David and followed him around like a little puppy. They played all sorts of games and they played with David's dart guns, with Emerson loved. Anywhere David went, Emerson went too and David played so well with Emerson too. He seemed to enjoy having a playmate, as his sister's too big and well, a girl, and his little brother is just a baby and can't really play with him right now.


They live on a farm and in one of the barns a cat recently had kittens. Emerson was so excited to go see the kittens and try to coax them out from under the barn. They were cute little kitties and I would have loved to have taken one home with us, but sadly our travels wouldn't allow it and also, I'm not sure that Landon is crazy about having a cat. I would love one, him, not so much.


Oliver had a little playmate his own size while we were there, but mostly they just played and did their own thing while sitting right next to each other. But it was cute to see them "interact" and see how similar they are.


I just love little baby booties exploring the big wide world. 


The kids pet and fed the kittens for a while and then decided it was hot and they needed a popsicle to cool off with. So David got a popsicle for him and one for Emerson and they sat on the front porch and had a nice little refreshment.


It was the most perfect summer morning. Cousins playing together, running around the house and outside and then stopping on the warm summer morning for a little popsicle. If only we could have a daily/every other/weekly repeat of that morning. I've never lived close to family, and I'm not sure we ever really will, but it's mornings like that that make me wish we could. There something so sweet about going over for a little morning visit with your sister and watching you kids play together. 


Emerson still talks about his "Codin Dadid" [cousin David] all the time and about all his cool toys: dart guns and light sabers and how "Dadid is my friend" and how he wants to go to David's house to play of have David come to our house to play. It's absolutely the cutest thing ever. And oh how I wish we could.


We tried to get some pictures of the kids together, and while my sister's kids cooperated and did great, my boys could have cared less. Though I was able to capture a pretty funny [and very typical] moment between Emerson and Oliver.



Every time I look at those pictures in that order I can't help but laugh a little. haha. Oh, brothers. 


I'm so thankful we were able to spend a long morning with my sister, niece, and nephews. Since we were visiting family for a few days, we were able to go back to my sister's house a few nights later to have dinner together. It was so nice to just drive over and see them a few times on our visit to Landon's family. I like her living closer to his parents and wish I could just pop over to her house any time I wanted. It was so nice! 





SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww! Sister & cousin time is the best! I'm so glad that you guys were able to spend some time together. Hopefully, you'll be able to spend more time with each other soon!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

What a great time! I wish our kids had cousins their age. On Brian's side of the family, all of the cousins are way older than our kids and on my side, our kids recently had no cousins until my brother's first baby was born a few weeks ago. However, they live 1000 miles away, so we won't ever get to see him. It stinks.