Thursday, August 25, 2016

a letter to Summer [featuring peacock socks]

Dear Summer, 

This letter has been a long time coming, I'm sorry to say. You have been nice this year. We've had a lot of good times, gone on big adventures, enjoyed little adventures around town, gone swimming, sweated through countless pairs of clothes, found shade from your hot summer rays, and many other fun things. You have been kind to us this year, so thank you for that. You've been hot, but you've also given us a few cool mornings or breezes at least. We've made memories, had fun, and tried to live each day to the fullest. Since I know this is our last summer in Illinois, I've tried my best to really take advantage of all this town has to offer - like the parks. Lots of fun things to do hear, ya know? 

Anyhow, like I said, it's been fun. But, now I'm ready to say good-bye. I've always been fond of you and enjoyed your company a lot, but I'm ready for a change. Cooler weather. Jeans. Sweaters. Layers. Socks. Hoodies. Pumpkins. Mums. Apple picking. Jackets. I'm ready for Fall. My favorite season of all - not that I don't like you, it's just that Fall and I have something special. Sorry, but it's true. 

The other day I tried pairing you and Fall together by way of shorts and socks - it wasn't the greatest match so obviously I didn't leave the house like that, even though the peacock socks are super fun and cute. 


But really, these socks are so much fun and I cannot wait to wear them! You may or may not remember my love of socks, but I have a love and it runs deep and overflows my sock drawer. Summer, you really need to get a move on so I can reunite with my adorable sock collection and wear these pretties all the time. In addition to these ones, I've been eyeing some cow print socks too - how perfect would they be for the dress like a cow day at Chick-fil-a?! You know, for when we move closer to a Chick-fil-a and can actually participate. And these ones could make me feel like I'm actually dressing up for Halloween - because socks make a Halloween costume, right? 


But in the mean time I will enjoy my pretty peacock socks and dream of chilly days that I actually get to wear them outside. Summer, you would be doing us all a a favor by saying good-bye soon so I don't embarrass myself when someone comes to our house and I open the door in shorts and knee high socks. Oh wait, we never have visitors so we don't have to worry about that ;) . So I will enjoy the comfort of these little pretties, admire the bright and cheerful colors of the peacocks and dream of the cooler days to come. Oh socks, how I love you.


Not that I don't like you, Summer, it's just that I like socks a little a lot more and Fall and I just have something special. So whenever you're ready to take a little rest for this year, I'll be good with that. 

Love, 
Hannah 



*I was provided with a pair of the peacock socks in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Those socks!! Seriously the cutest!!

Amy said...

Super cute socks, girl! I'm ready for fall!