Friday, August 5, 2016

five things of late

This week has been fairly quiet. We've run some errands, played a lot, stayed in out of the heat, read books, and watched more shows than I should probably have allowed. But there are a few things that have stuck out to me... 

one. Some of my favorites from this week include the tractor ride Emerson and Oliver got to go on. And when I say tractor ride, I really mean they took turns sitting on a parked and lifeless lawn mower at Lowe's. It was a big thing for them. I sat Emerson on the tractor first, when he was done we started to walk away but Oliver started reaching his arms and fussing for a turn too. So he had a little drive too. Though unlike his brother I wasn't able to get a picture of him because I don't trust him to stay put. haha. 


two. A few weeks ago I started putting the boys to bed a little bit later in hopes that they would sleep a little bit longer in the mornings, which means we have a little more play time in the evenings. So now, most evenings after dinner we'll head outside to play in the field behind our house to kill some time. Or climb a tree. 


Or stop and sit in the middle of the sidewalk. 


three. Last week after I took Emerson to get a hair cut, the boys and I stopped at a kind of new to us park to play for a little bit. Emerson ran around and climbed and played and Oliver wasn't too far behind. How desperately that little nugget just wants to climb and play like his big brother. There are tons of wildflowers at the park and two huge hydrangea bushes. Right before we left I stopped to pick some of the prettiest flowers I could find. I have loved seeing the fresh flowers in my kitchen and living room every time I come downstairs. I'm already planning our next trip to the park so I can pick some fresh ones for this week. Love them. 





four. Ironing is not my favorite chore. It's right up there with folding laundry and putting it away. In fact, it's something I hate so much that I don't wear certain clothes just because they're not ironed. I'll look in my closet, see something I like, and pick it out to wear. Then I'll look at it and realize it needs ironing. Back in the closet it goes. Who's got time to iron? But for craft projects, I love ironing. Ironic, I know. And lately I've been working on a lot of projects so I've been ironing a lot. So much that I realized how wimpy my ironing pad has become. I've had the same ironing board and pad for 8 years or so now. And even though I don't iron a ton, I do iron [or have ironed - especially when I was teaching and Landon wasn't a student and had to wear professional clothes every day. I ironed a lot in those days]. So as I was ironing away I kept shifting the pad and then thought, "you know, they make ironing board pads, I should just replace it." And that's just what I did. And now I'm kind of excited to iron something again. haha :)   


five. Speaking of crafts and ironing, I have some big news coming soon! I'm so stinking excited to share it with you soon, but I'm not quite ready. So I'll leave it at that for today. It's going to be so amazing! I'm just so excited for it! 


I hope you all have a happy weekend! 




2 comments:

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

No, don't leave us hanging!! Haha. I can't wait to hear what news you have coming!!

Amy said...

Girl, you can't leave us hanging! Can't wait to hear the news. I looove fresh flowers, too!