Thursday, October 6, 2016

lately

Lately . . .

- I have been getting up at 6 to get ready for the day and to have my quiet time and blog. The house is still, the boys are sleeping, it's become one of my favorite times of the day.

- I've switched back to tea. I was drinking coffee during my quiet morning hours, but I was talking with my mom when they were visiting about how some coffee can have a bad effect on your body. I won't get into the details, but I started paying attention to my body when I'd have coffee and after a few days decided to try tea. And I can see the signs... So no more coffee for me. At least for now.

- Tea has always been a favorite, but I also really enjoy a good cup of coffee.

- English Tea Breakfast and Earl Grey are my go tos. A little honey and a splash of almond milk and I'm set.

- I'm thinking I really need this mug now. But for real. I need it.


- My blog has been a little [or a lot] neglected lately. As has reading and catching up on my favorite blogs. It's just kind of happened and I miss the daily posting and reading of other blogs I love. I love this little corner and community. But it just isn't getting all the attention it used to. And as such, it's made me think about some potential changes to the blog.

- I've been working on items to add to my shop. The only time I have to work is during nap time and after the boys go to bed, which is when I used to blog.  I always love finishing a piece and adding it to the shop. I'm working on a lot of new things to add including more diaper clutches and bow ties!

- Yesterday the boys and I spent the morning at a friends house. She recently moved here and has two little ones the same ages as my boys. It was the the prefect day. The boys played so well together and the babies were great. We played inside with fun new toys and outside in a shaded backyard with a cool breeze. We were able to talk while the kids played. I left refreshed. It was so good.

- We decided to stop going to our small group. They were in the midst of making changes and we decided in the end it was best for us to step out at this point. It was harder for me than I thought it would be to tell the leaders that we were quitting the group. Though of course I used more eloquent words :)

- A mom contacted me the other day to ask if I would babysit her baby boy. He's 8 weeks old right now, and I wouldn't start babysitting until December. It would only be two days a week. But I don't know... I really don't want to start babysitting again. really really really don't want to babysit. So, I'm meeting her and her husband in a few days and we'll see what happens from there.


That's all I've got for you today. Have a happy Thursday!


6 comments:

Klein Dot Co said...

Eeek! I'm so interested in the coffee affects, yikes! I feel like I only drink tea when I'm sick, but coffee is a yes each morning (husby points out though that I never actually finish the cups, as there's multiple full mugs around the house come happy hour, so there's that)

Jessica (The Newly) said...

I'm interested in the coffee effects too! I don't drink it myself, but am curious to know because so many people do love coffee! And, girl, I think it's a season for all of us - with the blogs, I mean. It seems like a lot of my favorite blogs are not popping up nearly as often as they used to. I guess people are just getting busier? or maybe blogging is falling to the wayside? I don't know. But I've definitely noticed it! (including my own too!)

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Oh goodness, I'm interested in hearing about the effects of coffee as well. I don't drink it very often, but somebody just put a Mr. Coffee K-Cup brewer in our kitchen at work today so I was thinking of starting to drink a little more often. Maybe I should just stick to my tea!

Courtney said...

If you don't want to babysit, girlllll DONT DO IT! Stick to your fambam and your shop and do what makes you happiest. Seriously!

Amy said...

So glad you connected with another mama & her little ones. It sounds like the perfect morning!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

I totally feel ya on neglecting the special little blogging space. I need more hours in the day! And I switched to tea about two years ago after coffee was making me feel awful. I love tea! I do still drink coffee occasionally (weekly) but I always get decaf now.