Thursday, December 8, 2016

bits of cheer [week 2]

Happy Thursday! We've been out and about a lot this week so today we're taking it slow and sticking around the house. It helps that it is freezing outside and Oliver still doesn't have his winter coat yet [here's to hoping it gets here today!] and I just didn't feel like fooling with coats and mittens and hats and snacks and all that jazz. Though I must say, a lazy day at home is my favorite kind of day. Anyhow, I thought I'd take a minute to share a little bit of cheer for this week.



This year we decided to do something a new around here and then an elf showed up for breakfast one morning. Imagine that ;) When I was talking to Landon about the little elves I've seen around he said he thought we should have an elf too, he thought it would be fun to do [aka: for me to do :].


On Saturday we had a special breakfast complete with parsnip muffins and cinnamon rolls. Both of which were delicious.


Emerson and Oliver have been in need of some new pajamas for these cold winter months, so I ordered a few matching pjs for them for Christmas. I thought it'd be fun for them to open a present from their elf at their special breakfast, so they each got a pair of pajamas. They match and now every night Emerson wants to wear his penguin pajamas and he wants Oliver to do the same. It's adorable how much he loves to match his brother.


They also unwrapped the book that came with their elf and we've read it a few times since then. We talked about names for their elf and after a few ideas, Percy it was.


Emerson has the best memory and is the most observant little boy ever. Even Oliver notices things, but he just doesn't have the words to say so yet. Each  morning on our way to breakfast, Emerson asks about where Percy is hiding. The first morning he didn't realize he'd be hiding somewhere, but after that morning, he hasn't forgotten and now it's one of his favorite things. And then of course he wants to know how he got there and all that fun stuff.


I think it's fun for him to have something to look forward to each day and it just brings a little more cheer to our days.


It was a fun little way to start the day and a good start to a snowy weekend.


Oh what fun . . . 


4 comments:

AGNES KELLER said...

medical proof and research plus visible facts ought to play a massive role for your decisions concerning your health and well-being.http://musclegainfast.com/muscle-science/

Amy said...

Percy! I love it! Your breakfast looks so fun! We had cinnamon rolls for our elf arrival breakfast, too!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

Cutest breakfast ever! I always want to do this for my boys, but I never ever wake up before them.... perhaps when they are older...?

Sparkles and Lattes said...

I love the North Pole breakfasts. I hope to do one next year when the girls understand it a bit more.