Friday, January 6, 2017

friday favorites

Well hello there and Happy Friday! This week has been full and kept me busy - even if I've only left the house once! Yesterday I thought it was Wednesday until like 5 o'clock, so that was a fun surprise/realization :p  Although, let's face it, my weekends look exactly like my weekdays. Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to share five favorites today; it's been a long time since I've shared and linked up and it just seemed like the perfect way to end this week. Let's get started then shall we?

one. stickers
Stickers are my favorite. I love them in any and all capacities. If I could get away with having a sticker book, I would. Instead, I try to act my age and just use them in other capacities - like on cards and in my planner. One day before Christmas I was at Michael's and I stumbled across all of the cutest stickers and sticker books - for grown ups! I was beside myself and wished Santa would bring me a few. As it turned out, he brought me a Michael's gift card and it was pretty great. Usually I let my gift cards hang out in my bag for 3-6 months before I actually use them, I even have some gift cards that I got one or two Christmases ago [they have to be used on just the right thing, you know?]. Anyhow, I found a coupon for Michael's and the day after we got home from our holiday festivities the boys and I went to Michael's and I spent every penny of that gift card. I got this sticker book and it's my favorite. I mean, it's cute and colorful and basically perfect. And it's on sale right now too, so go get you one!

find it here

two. planners
Who knew there were so many cute planner options at Michael's?! The Happy Planner is so fun, I only just discovered it last month but it's so great that I have to make note of it for next year when I'm in need of a new planner. Also, did you know that DaySpring makes planners? I had no idea. This one is so cute, sadly they're out os stock right now, but maybe they'll get more? Or maybe I'll just have to remember to keep my eyes open for it come December :)


three. decluttering
This week I've been doing a lot of declining and organizing of our house. I started with my closet and have worked my way through that, the boy's closet, the excessive amount of toys that were upstairs, and the kitchen. Now when I open my closet door I don't want to pull my hair out, it looks so much better [though of course I don't have a before picture...]. Everything is nice and organized now and it makes my heart so happy. I pulled a lot of clothes out and put some in a donate pile and some in a box for later, like after we move to Kansas later. I left out only my favorites and what I wear on a daily/weekly basis. And you know what? I love it. Like, I'm seriously considering just getting rid of all the clothes I pulled out of my closet and just not taking them with us. Except, I probably won't do that because well, I have a problem parting with clothes and things [why?!] but maybe by the time we unpack after our move I'll just look at the clothes and go, "eh... I've lived without it for four months, I'm good..." and go donate it. We'll see, but right now, I love how I've purged. It makes me feel so.much.lighter. I've done a little more rearranging and it's just blissful. Truly, it's the little things... 


four. on the toys
So I mentioned I worked on the boy's toys and closet? Oh my goodness. They have soooo many toys!! And they don't even play with them all! They just sit upstairs and drive me crazy. The thing about it is, we've hardly gotten any of it for them; they're basically all gifts from friends and relatives. Which is great, but also not great when you're trying to not have a lot of stuff. The boys have received so many stuffed animals! Nice ones too, like super good quality nice stuffed animals. Do they play with them? No. Can I bring myself to get rid of them? No. But they were driving me nuts so I gathered all of the toys together that the boys don't play with and took them down to the playroom for me to sort through later. Now the upstarts is nice and clean and Emerson's room is clean and it only takes a minute or two to clean up the toys. I love how much cleaner it feels and I'm pretty sure the boys do too, they only have the toys they actually play with and it's pretty great. I'm tempted to give away all of the unplayed with toys before we move, but I know that probably won't happen and they'll just be boxed up and make their way to our new house and hang out in the playroom there [because that's a requirement]. ...Although, if I were to truly simplify and actually get rid of those toys they never play with, we wouldn't need a designated play space. So much to think about... ;) 

five. house hunting 
Here's a little confession: ever since Landon heard about his interview at Kansas, I've been looking at houses in the area. I knew he would get the job, plus it's fun to look and think and dream a little, right? Well, as of this week we are officially house hunting and it's the best! We are working with a realtor down there and I'm getting everything set up for when we'll go visit and look in person. It is so nice that we can look online and weed out all of the ones we're not crazy about and get excited for potential homes that we love. There are three houses that I love and I have a few other favorites; I have a top pick and it's fun to think that maybe, just maybe that will be our home!?! 


Anyhow, that's all I've got for today. I hope you all have a happy weekend! 



6 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun to be house hunting! We have no plans to ever move from where we're at, but every once in a while, I will look at houses in a random state or town, just for fun. Best of luck!

Ashley Brickner said...

House hunting is SO exciting!!! YAY!!!! Love all your finds as well!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

That house is absolute perfection. It looks like something out of a storybook! House hunting is so much fun!

Courtney said...

I think house hunting is so much fun too! I'm happy you are so excited for it! yay!

Amy said...

I love house hunting! It is a favorite of mine! When do you guys go down?

Heather said...

I love planners, and stickers. They go hand in hand!! ;)