Monday, January 2, 2017

little gifts [911 - 925]

Happy New Year to you! We rang in the new year in style - at home in our pajamas, looking at the back of our eyelids. haha. When I fell asleep on the couch around 9:30 I decided I'd just go to bed. I mean, I was still going to have to get up at the same time in the morning and I was sleepy, so why not just go to bed? I don't mind, in fact, I kind of like it that way. Sleep and I have a love love relationship, and any time I crawl under the covers at bed time is pretty great. Maybe you had more exciting plans and maybe not, but either way, I hope you enjoyed your last days of 2016 and have had a good start to the new year.

The other day while at church I realized that the new year was starting on a Sunday and for some reason that struck me as really neat [ignore the fact that my mind may have been wandering from the sermon...]. What a fresh way to start a new year than on a Sunday, 1/1. Since it's the first Monday of the new year it seems especially fitting to start off with some little gifts, no?



911. rainy day naps

912. colorful pens on clean paper

913. running errands with just the littlest in tow

914. spontaneous shopping trips with the family

915. merchandise scattered across the store floor courtesy of a three year old

916. 4th birthday plans in the making

917. breaking in a new planner

918. having a good dentist

919. missing your good dentist something fierce when you go to a horrible one

920. toothpaste and mouthwash and floss

921. snack cups and sippy cups

922. finding a bag that's just the right size

923. soft tunes floating through the house

924. the very beginnings of the moving process

925. a little nugget climbing on my back and riding me like a horse


Those are some of the gifts in my life this week to start off a new week in a new year. What are some of yours?






 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Rainy day naps are perfection. It is cloudy & damp here today & for once, I'm just vegging on the couch while the boys nap. It's pretty great. ;)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld said...

Rainy day naps are always the very best! There's just something delicious about a dark, cold, rainy day. Unless you have to go out in it, I suppose! Haha. Happy new year, Hannah!